Trouble Vines

Decorating By pampered Updated 25 Mar 2007 , 7:35pm by HollyPJ

pampered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pampered Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone,
I have been decorating cakes for almost a year now and I'm still not liking how my flower vines look!! I really panick when I know that I have a full size sheet cake to make and they only want flowers on it! Is there a good dvd, book, or anything that helps in placing and drawing vines for floral arrangements on cakes?? I'll try and post some pictures of cakes I've done for your suggestions. I'm open for any comments good or bad!!

3 replies
nichi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nichi Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 4

Your vines look beautiful, what don't you like about them?

pampered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pampered Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 4

I just uploaded another picture to my photos I don' think the attachement I was trying to do worked. I just don't think my vines look realistic. I think they kind of look like I just plopped them on the cake without any direction!!
I'm really bad at making them look good if I need to place them around a design or just fill blank spots.
Karen

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 25 Mar 2007 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 4

I think they look quite good! Really!

My only suggestion for the yellow rose cake would be either to have more roses or shorter vines. The vines detract a little from the flowers. However, this is a nit-picky criticism. Had I just looked at the cake with an uncritical eye, I would have seen beautiful vines!

Don't be too hard on yourself. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%