Newbie Here! Just Wanted To Say Hi!

Decorating By Leahw207 Updated 24 Mar 2007 , 10:27pm by keonicakes

Leahw207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahw207 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:13am
post #1 of 23

Hello Everyone! I'm new to CakeCentral and wanted to say hello to all you very talented people.

Allow me to Introduce myself, My name is Leah, I'm 31 years old and I live in The Great State of Maine. I have always been into decorating cakes since I was a small child. I used to do mostly Character Cakes. I haven't done much decoraing in the past few years due to moving, working alot and such, But I have found myself needing and wanting to pick it back up again. Finding this website has been great! I have already gathered all my supplies out of storage and I am eager and ready to go!!

I look forward to chatting with all of you and learning some new tricks and ideas from you. Thank you again for allowing me to be apart of this forum. God Bless!..........Leah icon_biggrin.gif

22 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:28am
post #2 of 23

Welcome, you've come to the right place. thumbs_up.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:33am
post #3 of 23

Welcome Leah to cakecentral. You will be addicted soon. KellyM is right. You are at the right place. You will love it here icon_wink.gif

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:33am
post #4 of 23

Welcome Leah...awesome you started so many years ago...looking forward to seeing some of your creations. Enjoy!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:34am
post #5 of 23

Welcome to Cake Central, Leah! This is the best place to be on the whole world wide web!! I spend sooooooo much time here ... it is truly addicting! There are lots of wonderful people here and soooo much fantastic information! Glad to have you here! icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:37am
post #6 of 23

Leah, Welcome to your new addiction -- Cake Central!! icon_biggrin.gif

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:40am
post #7 of 23

welcome leah icon_biggrin.gif you'll LOVE it here,and be prepared to get addicted icon_lol.gif by the way I'm 31 and from Maine icon_razz.gif you will learn alot here and make new buddies as well.

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:45am
post #8 of 23

Welcome Leah!
I'm fairly new here too... but do be warned as it says on the home page
"Warning! This website is highly addictive" When I first joined I thought, nope that won't be me!!!
check it out at 3am in the morning, and see who's on! icon_redface.gif
you've been warned.
- It's so true about everyone helping you too, they are great here at CC

polliwawg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
polliwawg Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:48am
post #9 of 23

Welcome Leah! Be prepared to be addicted! The talent here is amazing and everyone is quite helpful and supportive. It seems there is always someone that can answer your question, even the ones that you may think are "dumb", people here are willing to help. Everyone here understands the defeats and triumphs of the cake addiction, and that is really a great thing!

sherry4620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherry4620 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:51am
post #10 of 23

Welcome Leah...addiction will happen, but you will also learn so much and the people here are the nicest...always very quick to help. Have fun!!

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:52am
post #11 of 23

Welcome welcome!!! I am so glad you have dusted off your stuff. We are such a fun group - can't wait!

Miah

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:56am
post #12 of 23

Welcome! CC IS the place to be! thumbs_up.gif

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:16am
post #13 of 23

welcome to CC Leah!

cheers

kylie

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:27am
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmom

welcome leah icon_biggrin.gif you'll LOVE it here,and be prepared to get addicted icon_lol.gif by the way I'm 31 and from Maine icon_razz.gif you will learn alot here and make new buddies as well.

Welcome Leah! I'm new too, and am totally addicted. This website is the best resource going on the net. Nicksmom and Leah...I grew up spending my summers in S. Portland and I now live in South Jersey. I'll be 37 on Monday (or as my bday card from my husband says for the last 8 years...Happy 29th...gotta love him.) icon_lol.gif

jemme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jemme Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 8:42pm
post #15 of 23

i am new too and have been glued to this website for hours!! i was up until 4am this morning reading ....my husband calls this my addiction and makes jokes about this place being my "fix"

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 9:56pm
post #16 of 23

Hi and Welcome Leah,

Here's a list of acronyms:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926-acronyms.html

HTH

Leahw207 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:09pm
post #17 of 23

Hello all!

Thank You all for such a warm welcome!!! And I must agree with you all, this website IS ADDICTING! I just love it!! My fiance' laughs at me because I have been eating dinner in my computer room in front of my computer!! Like he said though, there could be worse things I could be doing..lol. I told him the other day that I was going shopping for some new Wilton supplies and his reply was "thank god it's tax season."...lol.

Again, Thank You all for such a warm welcome!!!!

Take care, Leah icon_smile.gif

cassandrascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassandrascakes Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:13pm
post #18 of 23

Hello, welcome, and your gonna love it here!

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:13pm
post #19 of 23

Welcome, Leah,

Yes addiction is inevitable. I was on here this morning and my son came in and said... Mom you've been making cakes for 2 days and now your reading about cakes. I think you're obsessed! REALLY???

Susan

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:16pm
post #20 of 23

Welcome to CakeCentral. Everyone is warm and friendly and will happily answer all the questions you have, well most, anyway. Happy baking.

Leahw207 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:17pm
post #21 of 23

Suzylynn58,

Hello, And Thank You.

Too funny!!! icon_smile.gif

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:20pm
post #22 of 23

Welcome,
You'll be addicted soon.

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:27pm
post #23 of 23

Hello and welcome to CC! You will find so much information and inspirtation here as we have a great group of girls and a few guys here. We are all willing to help and are happy to have you with us. And don't forget to send in your photos of your work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%