Making My First Slice Cake

Decorating By mgowan Updated 24 Mar 2007 , 8:12pm by FatAndHappy

mgowan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgowan Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 5

I really want to try a slice cake for my daughter's Fancy Nancy party. Has anyone done one? Can you give me some tips? I have seen several nice photos in the gallery, but I am nervous about attempting to do it for the first time. Please share!

4 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 12:13am
post #2 of 5

Heres a bump

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 9:38am
post #3 of 5

Here's another bump, as I'm not sure what a slice cake is!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 10:18am
post #4 of 5

I haven't done a slice cake, so I can't give any advice or tips. However, you should try PM'ing a couple of the decorators who have slice cakes in the gallery and asking if they have any tips.

I think a slice cake is a cake with a slice taken out and placed on top. The cut edges are decorated to look like cut edges, if that makes any sense. (Probably not--it's 3 a.m. and I've been up since 7 a.m!)

Like this:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&search=slice&cat=0&pos=4&search=slice

RedPanda

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 5

We did one of these - it is VERY simple. I would only say that you should put a little triangle shaped board under the slice and one little dowel under the larger end of the slice. It keeps the slice part more even and straight. Have fun! If I can answer anything else just ask!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%