Writting On The Cake...

Decorating By kina7442 Updated 24 Mar 2007 , 1:49am by cakesondemand

kina7442 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kina7442 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 6

I have a bride that wants to have words written on the side. Is there any special technique to doing that? Please let me know if there are any instructions out there or if you have done it!

5 replies
StCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StCakes Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 6

Have you thought about writing it in chocolate/ royal icing on parchment and then transferring it onto the cake?

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:26pm
post #3 of 6

It is very easy. My calla lily cake in my photos has writing around the side. I just printed out the words to the size and font I wanted - then lay the typing paper on top of a piece of sytrofoam - flat square piece like found in the craft departments. Then take a sharp sewing needle and punch holes - like a dotted line over the top of the letters. This will leave raised holes on the back side of the paper. Gently press this to the side of your cake - it will leave dotted lines where to trace your letters. Make sure you are going over crusted buttercream or fondant. I used royal icing for my lettering but buttercream should work.
LL

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 6

WOW! Grahamcracker..... that cake is just BEAUTIFUL!!

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks grama_j

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 1:49am
post #6 of 6

Thanks I have a wedding cake that has all sorts of words and writing on all three tiers it will be covered with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%