Where Do You Buy Your Baking Tools?

Decorating By suzannetherlands Updated 24 Apr 2007 , 12:30pm by suzannetherlands

suzannetherlands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannetherlands Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 13

Hallo,
I live in the Netherlands where all Wilton stuf is very expensive. (for instance: the wondermold-kit which is in the Wilton online store for $16,99 costs 35 (about $40) in the Netherlands.)
And now my parents will go to the US on a 3 1/2 -week holliday next week so i very much like to give them a shoppinglist!.
But where do you buy all your baking things?
Thank you!
Suzan (from the netherlands icon_biggrin.gif )

12 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 13

There are large cake decoration stores in many cities. Where will they be in the US. Maybe we can help.

suzannetherlands Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 13

they will start in Las Vegas, and go see the Grand Canyon, Brice Canyon, San Fransisco, Los Angeles.
Suzan

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 13

These two websites have stores in Los Angeles. Maybe you can pre-order?

www.mdewithluv.com

www.michaels.com

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 13

Suzanne, I buy ALOT of stuff off E-BAY... you could try that, and I think the even paying the postage would be cheaper than what you are paying there..... WOuld be worth it to take a look.... Just type in anything about pans, baking, wedding, etc. in the search box, and it will take to to MANY things.....

http://www.ebay.com/

TJB22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJB22 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 13

I buy alot of my stuff at hobby lobby or walmart even has some wilton stuff. HTH icon_biggrin.gif

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:42pm
post #7 of 13

hobby lobby and wal-mart

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 10:55pm
post #8 of 13

I purchase a lot of items on ebay too as well as other online stores. Two of my favorite sellers on ebay are Sweetgraces and Sweetexpress. Just go to ebay and do a search by seller and you will find them. There are a lot more sellers on ebay so don't stop with these two........they are just my favorites.
Good luck! icon_smile.gif

milal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milal Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 11:55pm
post #9 of 13

I use Michaels, A.C. Moore, and ebay... Good Luck.

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 12:36am
post #10 of 13

There is a specialty cake supply store in Henderson right outside of Vegas, my mom just went there for me yesterday. They specialize in chocolate, molds, have lusterdusts and all manner of tools as well, above and beyond basic Wilton stuff. Here is their info.

Tempting Treasures by Jan
30 S Water St # B
Henderson, NV 89015

(702) 564-5029

suzannetherlands Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:49pm
post #11 of 13

thank you!!!!
I will make a list.
I have bought thinngs from ebay too, but postage to the netherlands is very expensive!
I'll let you know what they bought form me icon_smile.gif
Suzan

thunderkittenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thunderkittenn Posted 24 Mar 2007 , 3:58pm
post #12 of 13

They may also just keep an eye out and ask around the hotel, they may find some small hobby stores that have the Wilton items. I also like Michaels, Walmart, ebay and many of the small hobby stores.

suzannetherlands Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 12:30pm
post #13 of 13

Hello,
Thank you all for the adressses! My mum "got wild"(is this a proper expression?) at the Wall Mart and at Michels. (my dad followed her "do i really have to look at all the baking stuff again" icon_lol.gif )
The bought me two doll pins, mini doll pins, a cupcake stand, baking cups and a big tip box. and a wilton fun with fondant book!
So, guess what i will do this weekend icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Suzan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%