Cake Sampler Idea

Business By MelC Updated 6 Mar 2006 , 2:26pm by Sugarbean

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 5 Mar 2006 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 3

Found this image from Flickr over at Lisa's blog and thought it was a cool idea! This is the bride's sampler plate from Sugarbaker's (don't know the location)
http://static.flickr.com/51/106877981_3c18fe5701_b.jpg

2 replies
JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 5 Mar 2006 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 3

Doesn't that look yummy??!! lol icon_razz.gif This is how most bakeries do tastings, from what I've seen...call them tasting trays. It's a great idea, as long as you have something you can do with the rest of those cakes!! I suppose it would work well if you have quite a few tastings planned on the same day or within a few days of each other. And if you have a bakery, you can just sell the rest of the cakes by the slice and have no waste.

I offer something a similar... I call it a 'Sweet Sampling'...it's an assortment of cake flavors and types. People order this when they're having a dinner party or small gathering and they don't really want or need a decorated cake, but want a good dessert and some variety so that there's something for everyone's tastes. I do them in wedges, instead of slices, simply because they're easier to handle and transfer to the board they all are going on. All together they make up a 10 inch round. I usually grab a few gerbera daisies and some baby's breath and place in the center. I also label them with some card stock glued to a toothpick with the flavor or name of the cake written on it...then stick it in the center of the wedge...that way people know what they're getting instead of having to guess...lol. BTW - my Dad says I ought to call it the 'Put Your Finger On It Sampler'...lol....you know that saying? - like when you have a craving for something but you can't quite 'put your finger on it'? lol...my Dad's a little nutty icon_razz.gificon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 6 Mar 2006 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 3

That's great! I love that idea. You could make up a whole bunch of trays and freeze them, then they are ready to go when asked. Less work.

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%