My Mom Went Cake Supply Shopping For Me!

Lounge By gilpnh Updated 23 Mar 2007 , 1:48am by Ursula40

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 13

I CAN'T WAIT!!! I just got off the phone with my mom, I am in MO, she is in Vegas working this week. She called saying she was on her way to Jan's in Henderson and we did shopping via phone! Pohlmans closed here in Columbia and I can't get any specialty supplies within a 200 mile radius it seems. She got me luster dusts, cookie cutters, JEM cutters, a pearl mold (I have really been wanting) Then I ask what it costs and she tells me its an early BD present (my BD is in Nov) and that she threw in "a few extra things" Man I love my mama. Jan is shipping it today and I hope to have it early next week. I'm gonna be a mess til I get it.

Heather

12 replies
loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 13

aww...that's so sweet of your mom. congrats on your new "toys and supplies" =)

Sunshine93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine93 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 13

Wowzers! My mom does the same thing..she has given me so many cake pans and supplies! Aren't moms great?!! I'm in Jefferson City...so I feel your pain..there are no cake supply stores anywhere near that I know of! Frustrating!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 13

Wow, Heather! Your mom sounds like the bomb! You are one lucky gal. Have fun with all of your new toys. icon_smile.gif

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 7:57pm
post #5 of 13

Awwwwwwww... that is great!! Make's me miss my mom even more. Enjoy her every day!

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 13

Wow - that was so nice of her and how fun for you! Enjoy all your new stuff! icon_smile.gif

ChrisJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisJ Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 7:58pm
post #7 of 13

Congratulations! Your mom sounds great! Don't forget Mother's Day is coming icon_biggrin.gif Can you tell I'm a mom? icon_razz.gif

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 8:01pm
post #8 of 13

Lucky you!! Yea to the pearl mold--I want one too and ALL the lace molds. Let us know what the "extras" were so we can drool some more. icon_razz.gif

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 8:04pm
post #9 of 13

Yay for awesome Moms and new cake toys!!!!!!!

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 8:05pm
post #10 of 13

thats nice of your mom. i am sure by the time nov rolls around you will get another b dya gift. icon_smile.gif
have fun with your loot. icon_smile.gif

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 8:18pm
post #11 of 13

How nice of her, I hope you enjoy your new "toys"!!
My mom lives very, very far away, another country, but she comes every year to visit and she brings me cake decorating books and magazines everytime!!

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 9:18pm
post #12 of 13

Yeah, my mom is my best bud, we look a like, think alike, act alike, finish each others sentences, we even do the same job. She is getting a NICE cake (last years was fun to ) think I will start planning it with my new toys!!!.......

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 1:48am
post #13 of 13

Care to share your mother? Don't have one any more, and your mum sounds sooooooo nice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%