Lighthouse Cake

Baking By padawn71 Updated 3 Mar 2006 , 7:14pm by Kitagrl

padawn71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
padawn71 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 6

Am wondering what everyone is using for those little pebbles for the ground so far only thing i could think up to use it jelly bellys..and i am not too happy with that idea...thanksicon_smile.gif dawn

5 replies
PSLCakeLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PSLCakeLady Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 6

There are candy pebbles you can get from some supply places.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 6

Some use Candy Clay too I believe. If you click on the "recipes" tab (up on top of the page), you'll find the recipe for it in the blue box titled "Top Rated Recipes". Hope that helps.

kos

lng_1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lng_1978 Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 6

I HAVE SEEN "ROCK" GUM BEFORE. IF YOU CAN FIND IT, IT LOOKS JUST LIKE LITTLE PEBBLES.

LES

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:11pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by padawn71

Am wondering what everyone is using for those little pebbles for the ground so far only thing i could think up to use it jelly bellys..and i am not too happy with that idea...thanksicon_smile.gif dawn

I use chocolate rocks. They look great but they can be a bit on the pricy side.

How to make rocks using fondant.
You can make your own rocks using fondant. Take pieces of fondant and colour them in earthy tones, blues, greys, greens. Smush them together and knead them slightly until marbled. Do not over knead them because you do not want them totally blended. Pinch of pieces off And roll them in to "rocky looking shapes". Make them various sizes for a more realistic look.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 7:14pm
post #6 of 6

We have a candy store in the outlet mall here that has the bulk candy in in, they have candy rocks in it that really look pretty real!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%