Cheap Boxing For Cookies

Baking By rochelle0123 Updated 7 Mar 2006 , 4:15pm by onebigdogmama

rochelle0123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rochelle0123 Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 6

I'm not sure if they're everywhere but here in CA we have Dollar Tree stores. They carry small empty gift boxes that are the perfect size for just a few decorated cookies. I bought one last night that is striped in blues, pink, and green, for of course $1.00, decorated 4 VW Bug cookies and stacked them inside for a gift to a coworker. So far maybe $3.00 total (including ingredients) I have a nice little gift icon_smile.gif

Just thought I'd share.

5 replies
Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 6

Thanks for the tip. We have Dollar Tree stores in GA. You're right, that is a great little gift. I think people appreciate things like that more since they know you spent time thinking of them.

So...where are the pictures of these VW Bug cookies?? Can't wait to see them!

kos

rochelle0123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rochelle0123 Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 6

I have them here but forgot to bring my camera to take a photo. I have a few left at home that I told my kids I'd decorate for them. I'll take a photo tonight and post it. I thought a VW Bug cookie would be popular, but my Google search only turned up a couple. I was hoping to find one that used fondant, but no luck.

FunnyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunnyCakes Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 6

Good tip. I usually end up getting the plain folding boxes from Party America or the Paper Factory and they are dull, dull, dull. I've never even thought to look for them at the Dollar Tree.

thank you so much!

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 6

I don't have a Dollar Tree store around here. But I did find some great decorated boxes at Michaels. They came in three sizes. 99cents, 1.49 and 1.99. Some are Happy Birthday themed. I bought all the 99 cents size - these were like 4X4 inches. The 1.49 size held half a block of styrofoam and I was able to stick about a dozen cookies for a boquet. I figured the receiver could use the box afterwards for another gift or to put stuff into it. They are the real hard boxes. I'm going to another Michaels to see if they have more. I love finding a good deal. The biggest box is perfect for putting assorted goodies inside - cookies, brownies, and candy and placed inside another box to ship.

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 7 Mar 2006 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 6

Everyone I just came up with this one while reading this post!
Here's another idea, http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=e02534. Just using this link as a reference. I saw these "take out" boxes the other day at Michaels. They are making them in different designs and colors. Put some tissue paper in there and cookies or even a cup cake. HHMMM?! I'll have to try that. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%