Flip Flop Cake

Decorating By MeloMiMi Updated 3 Mar 2006 , 1:29am by MeloMiMi

MeloMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeloMiMi Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 1:26am
post #1 of 5

I am looking for directions on the flip flop cake. Do you cut a pattern from the shoe larger and then make two of them out of a 9X13 Pan?

Also, how much do you charge for the cake?

I would appreciate all of the info that you can give me.

Thanks to all

4 replies
KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 6:15am
post #2 of 5

Hi,
I've done several flip flop cakes now and I just used my own shoe as the pattern. I traced it on paper, cut it out and two of them fit on a 1/4 sheet cake. My advise is to decorate one shoe before putting the 2nd one on the cake board if you plan on having them close together. Otherwise you can't fit your hand down in between them to finish decorating. ( made that mistake twice before I learned)

Hope that helps a little.
KimAZ

MeloMiMi Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 5

KimAZ'

Thanks so much for your help.

Melanie

Susan94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan94 Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 9:20pm
post #4 of 5

I made some flip flop cakes too. I recommend if you use the fruit roll up strips to shape them out a day or two ahead so that they stay up (as if to put your toes in them). They are usually soft and flexible then fall down on to the cake. I'll try to attach a photo of mine.
LL

MeloMiMi Posted 3 Mar 2006 , 1:29am
post #5 of 5

Susan,

Thanks for your help, and thanks for the picture. You did a great job. Kim I went to look at your flip flop cakes, also a great job. Did you make a profit off of the cake? Is $30.00 too much to charge for two flip flops? I will put the candy melts around the cake.

Thanks,

Melanie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%