For The Computer Savy I Need Help With My Camera/computer!!!

Lounge By gibson Updated 2 Mar 2006 , 12:03pm by Jenn123

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 6:17am
post #1 of 6

HI

I am in desperate need of help. I have been trying to hook my camera up to my computer to download pictures and for the life of me it won't work! I had installed the program once before and had no problems, not one! Then my computer crashed. Well, I'm finally getting around to installing the program and downloading pictures and it's not working. It says I have installed the program successfully but also says on the bottom-right corner of my screen it should say "found new hardware" and it is not saying that! I think that is where the problem starts. If any of you computer savy people could help me I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate it!

TIA!!

5 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 12:47pm
post #2 of 6

Be sure your camera has a good charge. Hook up the camera and then turn it on. You might try restarting your computer also if you haven't already.

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 6

Try this.
Go to your control panel.
Under that you should find printers and other hardware. Click on that.
Find scanners and cameras. Click on that.
If you camera is not listed there, in the upper left hand corner should be "add imaging device".
Click on that and it will take you to the installation wizard which will help you install it. HTH.

Also restart your computer. Some programs are not recognized until the computer has been rebooted.

P.P.S. Under no circumstance and I mean NO circumstance are you to beat the computer or camera with a rolling pin icon_razz.gif
I think I'm done now. lol

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 3:08pm
post #4 of 6

All sound advice! I hope by now, you have managed to download your pics.
Seems to me you have installed the program correctly. Was it from a CD?
Sometimes it could be something very simple. Just remove the cable and plug it in again, firmly. (both at the camera and the PC end)
Good luck.
Karen

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 3:58am
post #5 of 6

HI

I don't know what I did wrong, but I walked away from it last night and came back to it today (the only thing I did different was use a different USB port-which is what I believe to be the problem) and it works!!!!! Yaaaaayyyyyy!!!

Thanks for all of your help!

icon_biggrin.gif

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 12:03pm
post #6 of 6

Yay! Sometimes the good computer fairy comes in the night and makes everything OK again. HA HA It has happened to me many times!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%