What Is Whimsical Bakehouse Frosting???

Decorating By SavannahJane Updated 2 Mar 2006 , 12:08am by Rexy

SavannahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SavannahJane Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 2:51am
post #1 of 12

Ive heard someone talk about it and i have no idea what it is and they said it was the best so.. lol...i kno u all know...lol

11 replies
frindmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frindmi Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 2:54am
post #2 of 12

It is a frosting recipe included in the Whimsical Bakehouse book. I can't remember if it's the one using high-ratio shortening or the one that's more like an italian meringue buttercream icing. I have also heard it's good but don't have the recipe. Sorry! icon_sad.gif

Inma

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 3:00am
post #3 of 12

Inma,

I posted the recipe for WBH on another thread today....Give it a search!! Found the thread!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-17835.html

Laurel icon_biggrin.gif

SavannahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SavannahJane Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 3:01am
post #4 of 12

thanx soo much!! <3

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 3:27am
post #5 of 12

That is an amazing recipe...i used it once, and never went back!!!

mmm, it's light, fluffy, whip cream like texture, non crusting...it's my fav non crusting BC (i haven't used IMBC yet...but it's a lot of work, and i dont think my customers are willing to pay for it...)

frindmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frindmi Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 5:36am
post #6 of 12

Thanks, Laurel. I clicked on the thread you posted and copied the recipe to my recipe folder. So, is it as good as people say? I had been making a crusting buttercream recipe (sort of like the Wilton recipe but using all butter) and it was sort of grainy and too sweet. Then I started using Italian Meringue Buttercream and, although time consuming,it tastes wonderful. It's silky, almost like whipped cream and it pipes nicely too. I know that using powder sugar contributes to the "graininess" of the buttercream, is it not so with the Whimsical Bake house recipe? Do you use the high-ratio shortening?

Thanks again.

Inma

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 5:42am
post #7 of 12

If the Whimsical Bake House recipe is NON-CRUSTING...is the Italian Meringue Buttercream CRUSTING?

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 5:52am
post #8 of 12

Both are non-crusting. The WBH buttercream is not grainy at all, it's very smooth and light.

CakemanOH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakemanOH Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 12:31pm
post #9 of 12

The grain comes from the fact that you probably use 10 x PS instead of 6x. There is a huge difference. Another contributor is butter and crisco which make the 10x react that way because they break down versus alpine.

Rexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rexy Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 12:54pm
post #10 of 12

WBH has a few icing recipes, are we talking about the meringue one or the one that they use all the time?
I've tried the meringue and it's fantastic!

lemoncurd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lemoncurd Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 2:15pm
post #11 of 12

They have two buttercream recipes, one is a traditional Italian Merignue, and the other is made with shortening. The Italian Merignue is good, but I've had better. The shortening one is better than say, class buttercream, but we didn't care for it because of the shortening. It's too waxy.

Rexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rexy Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 12:08am
post #12 of 12

Lemoncurd,
Do you have another recipe for Italian Meringue that you like better? I'd love to see it if you're willing to share.
Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%