Bagging Cookies

Baking By mandze Updated 2 Mar 2006 , 4:24pm by rochelle0123

mandze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandze Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 2:50am
post #1 of 14

I am trying to find something to put cookies in for sale. I have been using wilton bags which are pretty big and cost 1.78 for 20 pretty pricy. the smaller ones although cheaper are too small for cookies. Anyone have any suggestions on how they package their cookies. Hoping for help.

13 replies
charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 2:54am
post #2 of 14

I use the Wilton ones sometimes. I have also bought the bags that you can find with the party supplies at like Walmart. You get a lot more! (I think like 50) and they are cheaper. Can't remember right now for sure but I think they are the same size as the Wilton ones. Hope that helps.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 2:56am
post #3 of 14

I was just going to ask this. I found some bags at www.papermart.com that are very reasonable. I was going to ask what type people used to bag the cookies because they have flat ones and the ones with gussets on the side.

This is a great site, you all should check it out. They have bags with cute prints too!

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 3:07am
post #4 of 14

I get my bags at Hobby Lobby. They have the flat ones and the gussetted ones, and the price for their brand, which I like just fine, is about a third of the price of the Wilton ones!

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 3:36am
post #5 of 14

I forgot about those slejdick!! I buy those also when I am there. The closest one to me is about 45 minutes away so I don't make it that often. Walmart is only 15 which is kind of a bummer! icon_rolleyes.gif

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 3:42am
post #6 of 14

I get mine from country kitchen

Cellophane Cello Bag 3 1/2 x 2 1/4 x 8 1/4"
$6.35
Unit: 100/pkg

Cellophane Cello Bag 4 x 2 3/4 x 9"
$7.50

Cellophane Cello Bag 4 x 2 3/4 x 10 3/4"
$7.95

Cellophane Cello Bag 3 x 4" Flat
$3.00

plus more to choose from, this link is to the bags listed above

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?T=3&SubCatId=485

this link takes you to the bag page with ribbons and lots of diffeant bags to choose from

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/subcategory.aspx?T=3&CatId=580

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 3:48am
post #7 of 14

I use shrink wrap bags also..I get mine from ebay.

I use the cello bags from Country Kitchen also....

Remember to get a bag at least .5 to 1 inch larger than your cookie width wise and at least 3 longer. that is a nasty surprise when youa ready to bag and they are too small.

Good luck,

Julia

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 6:27am
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandze

I am trying to find something to put cookies in for sale. I have been using wilton bags which are pretty big and cost 1.78 for 20 pretty pricy. the smaller ones although cheaper are too small for cookies. Anyone have any suggestions on how they package their cookies. Hoping for help.

There is a bulk food place I go to and purchase their spice bags. It works great for my cookies. If you have A bulk food place they would be willing to sell you some bags.

Then I use cellowrap and a big bow to put The entire cookie bouquet in. I find them at The dollar store.

momlovestocook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momlovestocook Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 1:29pm
post #9 of 14

For something quick and cheap-I sometimes use sandwich bags-just cut the ziploc part off. I can get a box of 100 for less than 2.00(Canadian). They won't fit really big cookies but fit most that I make.

Sandra

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 4:11pm
post #10 of 14

I'm lucky enough to have a florist wholesale supplier near me that carries the nice cello bags super cheap. I get them in packages of 200 - 2"x3", 4"x6" and 5"x 8" for super single cookies. They cost between 3 and 5 bucks. Plus they have the gusseted cellophane for the larger and awkward shaped cookies. They are a bit more 5 -7 bucks for 100 bags.

For my daughters class I just use the plastic sucker bags. I get those in the same sizes at a cake supply store in packages of 100 - same sizes. I figured 4-year olds don't need the nice shiny packaging. They just care about getting to the cookie.

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 5:54pm
post #11 of 14

Mandz,

I have used regular cellophane before, cuting the edges with scrapbooking scissors (for decoration) and it has worked really well. Just make sure you have a real tight tie when you bag the cookies. For larger single cookies I have also used the cellophane, wraping from front to back (of course) then on a warming plate press the back of the cookie against it to get the "meat market" type seal. Make sure your plate is not too hot that it will melt the wrap. I love this method because it leaves a wrinkle free cover over the front of your cookie and a great flat seal on the back of the cookie, and it's cheap.

This is the method of wrapping I use most often unless I am hand painting on them.

Just a suggestion

Shyann

mandze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandze Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 6:54pm
post #12 of 14

thanks for the help
what is a warming plate? I am concerned that air is getting in with just using decorative twist tie to close.

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 1 Mar 2006 , 7:32pm
post #13 of 14

They are like the electric trey that you can sit a casserole dish on it to keep it warm during a meal. I bought one for this purpose only. You can adjust the heat. I purchased an Ironing board cover. (or other material resistant to melting on high heat.) I cut out a length of the material (sewn edges) and lain it over the plate to keep the heat in the material but not so hot that it would melt the cellophane. (Hope thats understandable)

I got this idea from my father who is a small town butcher. We don't have large commerical stores like walmart where they box and run them through a sealing machine like an assembly line. Everything is still hand wrapped.

If by any chance you have a small grocery near by ask the butcher if you can quickly view the wrapping table and the warm plate they use.
Some will let you but sometime they won't let public back there. If you are lucky enough to know of a store that has a meat market where you can still see the butcher. That is even better because you can ask question and not interfere with any health code. Besides some butchers like the visit.

Hope this helps

Shyann

rochelle0123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rochelle0123 Posted 2 Mar 2006 , 4:24pm
post #14 of 14

If you have a Dollar Tree or any type of dollar store around they carry the same style cellaphane bags as Michaels. Around the holidays you can get themed ones with hearts, eggs, snowflakes, etc. on them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%