Quite Perplexed And Dissapointed

Decorating By BklynSuze Updated 21 Mar 2007 , 1:47pm by ntertayneme

BklynSuze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BklynSuze Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 12:05pm
post #1 of 16

there was a recent post here at CC in which cakelaydi saw fit to bash another cake forum. Now in her sig line she mentions putting on your big girl panties and deal with it..Ummmm perhaps she should take her own advice..As adults we all know that if there is a show on TV we don't care for..we change the channel, If she doesn't care for the forum she mentioned that is just fine..Don't click the link for it anymore..But why the need to bash it? Cake forums are a wonderful resource, Each brings to the table it's own unique qualities. The fact of the matter is there was no cause to use this board to bad mouth another. But what I find even more confusing than that is that when someone was offended by her remarks and replied to them it was that post that was deleted and the thread locked. Why would cakelayds outright bashing of another board be allowed to stay when it was clearly just as offensive as what she considers the language used on another board. Quite frankly what cakelaydi did is more offensive because she was bashing people- many of whom are members right here on CC. Fact of the matter is simple...there very well is use of language on the other board and yup as adults we have the right to express ourselves. But if we're putting facts out there it is also the kind of place that doesn't delete posts just because they aren't neat and pretty, it doesn't bash it's members for having real thoughts and feelings, doesn't ban members for expressing themselves, and Doesn't read it's members pm's. Use of language..puleeze..that is small compared to things done on other boards.

15 replies
fiveoaksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiveoaksmom Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 16

thumbs_up.gif Well said!! And you really hit a good point- many of those people on the other board are also members here, so in fact, you are bashing your own members. Not very friendly at all.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:16pm
post #3 of 16

sorry - this thread is also another unecessary post.

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 16

icon_eek.gifWhen I saw the name listed in this forum, my eyes went icon_eek.gif because I thought it was ME for a second! icon_redface.gif

-M-

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:21pm
post #5 of 16

Hmmmm....I guess I'm perplexed and disappointed that it's OK to start up a thread for the specific purpose of bashing someone.....for bashing someone. What's up with that? Very strange behavior.

reese04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reese04 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:24pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

sorry - this thread is also another unecessary post.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

sugarplum_78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplum_78 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:26pm
post #7 of 16

WELL SAID, original poster!!!

BklynSuze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BklynSuze Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:29pm
post #8 of 16

Look folks..that was exactly my point..why post something that goes out of it;s way to bash people. You may feel this wasn't a needed post but that was my point about the person who initiated the origional post..It was far from needed to express her love of this board, and she went out of her way to bash the way people choose to express themselves..I didn't bash her, just pointed out what she did and how it was percieved. If there are rules they should apply to everyone and she did exactly what the admin have posted as no no's on this board

frindmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frindmi Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:34pm
post #9 of 16

It seems to me that this might be something the original poster should have PMed cakelaydi about since she seems to have a problem with it instead of making it into another thread that could end up getting ugly with people's feelings hurt. We've had too much drama going on lately. Let's focus on cakes, OK? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Hmmmm....I guess I'm perplexed and disappointed that it's OK to start up a thread for the specific purpose of bashing someone.....for bashing someone. What's up with that? Very strange behavior.

Just my point exactly.

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:36pm
post #10 of 16

I don't think she is a member here anymore, so it really doesn't matter. The badmouthing has got to stop!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:36pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by frindmi

It seems to me that this might be something the original poster should have PMed cakelaydi about since she seems to have a problem with it instead of making it into another thread that could end up getting ugly with people's feelings hurt. We've had too much drama going on lately. Let's focus on cakes, OK? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Just my point exactly.

Amen and Amen!! icon_smile.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:43pm
post #12 of 16

if you don't like a post - don't draw more attention to it by posting about it. Chances are most people never saw the original post. I know I never would have know about it.

Take a deep breath..........
And let it go............

Back to baking!

mpaigew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpaigew Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:44pm
post #13 of 16

I am quite sure that it was not your intention to bash her, but saying, "Now in her sig line she mentions putting on your big girl panties and deal with it..Ummmm perhaps she should take her own advice" was doing just that. We get your point, but starting a post and naming that individual to get your point across was not the way to do it. If you have a problem with an individual, PM that person directly to confront them. Calling them on them publicly is just not the right thing to do.

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:45pm
post #14 of 16

Oh enough of this follishness already !!!! I'm here to learn and enjoy the company of others with the same interests not to listen to bickering everyday.

ruralepicure Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruralepicure Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:46pm
post #15 of 16

What was the purpose of this post? I'm sorry but I find these posts absolutely ridiculous. I'm ashamed to even be posting to this thread but I thought we were all hear to get cake/cookies ideas and share what creations we've made. It's not right for anyone to bash anyone so can we just stop having threads like this and get back to our baking?

Have a good day everyone!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:47pm
post #16 of 16

And with that, I will lock this topic... CC is a positive website which will offer you the opportunity of your opinions as long as it doesn't turn negative. I do not feel anything positive will come of this thread, and has and will continue to turn negative. If you wish to express your feelings about something said you felt was a "bash", please feel free to pm a moderator and will review the topic/thread/post to make sure it's not just that. The post referred to did not name a specific website so I don't feel that anyone was harmed by the comment(s) made.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%