Where Do I Begin???

Decorating By Jenrose Updated 20 Mar 2007 , 7:51pm by Steady2Hands

Jenrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenrose Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 4

Hello All!
I just moved back to the states. I want to start selling cakes from my home, but I dont even know where I would begin. I dont know many people here yet, So I didnt know if anyone could help on like advertisment, just getting started period. Where I last lived it was just by word of mouth, I did get quite a lot of buisness. I would really like to do it here bc I stay home with my kids and its something I can do until they go to school. Plus, I really dont seem so see many bakery buisness s here. I dont know if you have to have a license to do it out of your home either. I thought maybe there would be someone from TX that could maybe help.
I thank you for all your time!
Hope you all have a great day!
Jennifer

3 replies
Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 4

Hey Jennifer ~ Since you live in TX you need to check out this thread:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-1560711-tx.html#1560711

Jenrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenrose Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 4

THank you! Yeah, doesnt seem too promising! icon_sad.gif
I just called the small buisness buereu and they said if you just want to make and sell a few cakes to like a family member or close friend, thats fine, but you can t sell from a residental area. So I may see what I can do, they see how popular it gets, and go from there.
But thank you Steady2hands!

Any other Ideas from anyone?

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 4

You're welcome. I just knew that was a hot topic lately and I didn't want you to get in any trouble. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%