Do You Eat Anything That Others Think Is Weird....

Lounge By jen1977 Updated 26 May 2007 , 6:11pm by Confectionary2

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 179

and did you eat it as a child? I have always liked to eat cheese, mustard, and potato chip sandwiches. I don't eat them very often because they aren't exactly healthy, but every once in a while I indulge. DH just looks at me and shakes his head while I eat it. /he thinks it's totally gross. Anyone else have something they'll admit to?

178 replies
awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 179

Yeah - I do. I grew up dipping onion rings in tartar sauce so I thought it was normal to do that (SO YUMMY) until I was pretty much an adult. I never knew that people dipped them in ketchup! I still ask for tartar sauce with my onion rings...

Your cheese mustard and potato chip sandwiches do sound a little weird yet also seems like it would be pretty yummy. I might have to try it sometime!

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 179

Grippo's BBQ chips with a bowl of icecream. I crush the chips up in the icecream and then eat it. YUM!! I eat this every now and again and my husband just looks at me like i'm gross.

Onion rings w/ tarter sauce actually sounds pretty good. I think I will try that myself.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 179

peanutbutter dill pickle sandwiches yummy

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 179

OMG Dordee, BBQ chips and ice cream?!?!?!?!! EEEEWWWW! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Are you sure you're not pregnant??? icon_lol.gif

jen, those sandwiches don't sound TOO bad, I eat peanut butter, potato chip and honey sandwiches! Not very often though.

My husband will eat ANYTHING! We were at the bar one night, they had pickled eggs, pigs feet and something else nasty and someone dared him to eat one of each and he did!!!! I wanted to throw up! I told I wasn't kissing him for at least a month. icon_lol.gif

Sonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sonya Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:19pm
post #6 of 179

I sometimes make me a sandwich with a little bit of mayo, cool ranch doritos, and sweet pickles....... yummm, lol. I will make a scrambled egg sandwich and put ketchup on it. I also like to put grape jelly on a sausage and egg biscuit for breakfast. I occasionally like a bowl of pintos with a spoon full of mayo mixed in them, mustard in my grits, and a sandwich with mayo, fried bacon, cheese, and onions, lol.

I know you all must be thinking wow she is WEIRD, lol. None of it healthy but oh so good.

~Sonya

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:29pm
post #7 of 179

icon_surprised.gif I love this thread icon_lol.gif

I have a friend that only eats green beans with ketchup icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

When I fix grilled cheese I put cooked bacon on it. People think thats weird but I dont.

Jenn I think those chip sandwiches sound good.

I am trying to think of something else I eat that my family thinks its strange icon_rolleyes.gif hummm..... icon_rolleyes.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:39pm
post #8 of 179

It's funny how some people eat things that they thikn are strange, but they don't sound too strange to others. I don't know about ice cream wit hbbq chips, but my mom dips lays potato chips in chocolate ice cream. It actually isn't too bad!

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 3:58pm
post #9 of 179

Monica, a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich sounds yummy!! That's not weird at all!!

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:10pm
post #10 of 179

I love bacon and strawberry jam sandwiches. Every time I tell someone I like them they think it sounds really gross but they are very tasty.

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:22pm
post #11 of 179

I've been known to every now and then mix tuna with some strawberry yogurt (instead of mayonnaise), and put it between two slices of white bread.

MommyBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyBunny Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:24pm
post #12 of 179

Mine is Mayo on white bread with crackers. Or peanut butter and honey on graham cracker.

I know I am strange

Patricia

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:40pm
post #13 of 179

Ricotta cheese and honey on toast.
Hot risotto and rocket leaves mixed together
Cheese and apple slice sandwiches

val_nutrimetics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
val_nutrimetics Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:47pm
post #14 of 179

Miracle Whip sandwiches. Just bread and miracle whip. Gross, I know! I used to love them when I was younger!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:52pm
post #15 of 179

I put potato chips on my sandwich, instead of on the side. Adds a little crunch
When I have hot breakfast cereals (oatmeal, grits, etc) I make it very thick, then put it on my toast like a sandwich. DH thinks that's really strange.

We've been having a big debate at work about if french fries dipped in a milkshake would be good. Sounds good to me!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:25pm
post #16 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbur10

We've been having a big debate at work about if french fries dipped in a milkshake would be good. Sounds good to me!

I dip my french fries from wendy's in a chocolate frosty it is good!

I also dip my chicken nuggets from wendy's in the chocolate frosty... i still get weird looks but it is good.

I am also one that likes Dill pickles with my PB sandwhich.

Cheese doritoes on PB sandwhich
Cheese doritoes crushed over Mac'n cheese
Pineapple ring on my Hamburger

I refuse to eat my fries with Ketchup for some reason. I usually mix Mayo and BBQ sauce then eat with fries

These are the only ones I can think of atm that i get weird looks on. I know there are more, but i'll add as I can think of them.

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:27pm
post #17 of 179

When I am craving carbs and there is nothing in the house. I whip up some Bisquick with milk and eat the dough. Yummm..

Monica0271 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:30pm
post #18 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpnh

When I am craving carbs and there is nothing in the house. I whip up some Bisquick with milk and eat the dough. Yummm..

icon_confused.gif isnt that doughie? icon_rolleyes.gif I do not think I would like the constisity(sp?) of that.

LizzyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzyB Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:33pm
post #19 of 179

I don't like oranges - but love the skin. I eat the rind, especially tangelos, ooo I want some now! I too have a hubbie that will eat ANYthing, monkey brains (served live), kangaroo, camel, croc, bird feet. I hate to go overseas with him, he tries it all - while I am looking for the Golden Arches!!

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:38pm
post #20 of 179

It is really interesting to see what people eat. We all have our weird items that we like and when I read everyone else's I either think to myself...oooh, that sounds good or totally the opposite like Oh, GROSS! icon_smile.gif How funny! Great post!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:49pm
post #21 of 179

My 8 year old eats his BLTs with peanut butter instead of mayo.

I eat my fries with mustard instead of ketchup and my grandma likes ketchup sandwiches.

Monica0271 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:07pm
post #22 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyB

I don't like oranges - but love the skin. I eat the rind, especially tangelos, ooo I want some now! I too have a hubbie that will eat ANYthing, monkey brains (served live), kangaroo, camel, croc, bird feet. I hate to go overseas with him, he tries it all - while I am looking for the Golden Arches!!

Wow. You know I am so curious about others countries foods. I love to watch Bizarre Foods on Travel Channel http://travel.discovery.com/tv/bizarre-foods/bizarre-foods.html
He travels to forgein countries & eats what they eat. You know I am so closed minded when it comes to food. I do not want to try anything "different", but if I could get past that, I would LOVE to try all those other things. icon_rolleyes.gif (I know that makes no sense)

That to me is so amazing to be able to see people in other cultures cooking & eating differently. I am just so amazed. thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:25pm
post #23 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by val_nutrimetics

Miracle Whip sandwiches. Just bread and miracle whip. Gross, I know! I used to love them when I was younger!

My mom used to eat these - never seen or heard of any one else - I am going to have to tell her.

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:26pm
post #24 of 179

I love onion rings dipped in tartar sauce I thought everyone ate them that way? no wonder peple look at me wiered when I order it that way funny thing is I hate onions but love onion rings. also I put chips on my sandwich just adds a little to it. im sure there are a million things I eat that are odd to some people but since I think there all normal I can think of anything wiered to post icon_cool.gif

Monica0271 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:35pm
post #25 of 179

I thought of something else I eat fish sticks with Mayo. YUM!!

My sister makes banana pudding without the bananas.

I am consumed by this thread thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:37pm
post #26 of 179

monica have you ever tried mixing ketchep and mayo it makes a great little sauce I dip most everything in it its really great with fish sticks if your out of tartar that is.

Monica0271 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:42pm
post #27 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather2780

monica have you ever tried mixing ketchep and mayo it makes a great little sauce I dip most everything in it its really great with fish sticks if your out of tartar that is.

No I have not. funny you ask cause when people make it I just look at them like icon_confused.gificon_cool.gificon_lol.gif I may have to try it. thumbs_up.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:43pm
post #28 of 179

Hmmm, I would have to say frietos dipped in chocolate ice cream. Oh yea, how about peanut butter, mayonnaise and bologna sandwich.

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:56pm
post #29 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica0271

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyB

Wow. You know I am so curious about others countries foods. I love to watch Bizarre Foods on Travel Channel http://travel.discovery.com/tv/bizarre-foods/bizarre-foods.html
He travels to forgein countries & eats what they eat. You know I am so closed minded when it comes to food. I do not want to try anything "different", but if I could get past that, I would LOVE to try all those other things. icon_rolleyes.gif (I know that makes no sense)

That to me is so amazing to be able to see people in other cultures cooking & eating differently. I am just so amazed. thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

My husband and son just watched that show last night where he was somewhere in Asia I think and he ate the biggest maggot looking thing I've ever seen. Blech.

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 7:00pm
post #30 of 179

When I was younger....mayo sandwiches, ketchup sandwiches (white bread only!) and cold spaghetti (w/sauce) on a hot dog roll...But now that I'm grown and sophisticated...

love peanut butter on my pancakes with syrup
Grits with butter, ketchup and scrambled eggs all mixed together.

My dad and I invented cookies and cream ice cream, we would always mix oreos in our vanilla ice cream when I was a kid. When I saw it in the store for the first time, I couldn't believe it and ran and told my dad that someone stole our idea.

Great thread!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%