I Need A Friend!!!!!!!!!! (In Florida)

Decorating By keonicakes Updated 20 Mar 2007 , 1:51pm by Mae1118

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:34am
post #1 of 12

Hi all, am new to Fl. I live in kissimmee and I'm a stay at home mom of a 2 yr. old. My hubbys out of town alot as he's a pilot. We moved here for his job and he has a brother and sis in law who a like very much, but at the risk of sounding extremely pathetic, I need to make some friends of my own. I was hoping that some of you who live in the area might like to get together to play with our hobby and share ideas or if you have kids maybe getting the kids together for little play dates. I know this is really desperate sounding, but I know no one in this state aside from my inlaws, and thought it would be nice to get to be friends with people who we at least have some common intrests. By the way, the new Pirates of the Carribean is coming out very soon, yeah!!!!!!!!!!! I just reread this and I sound like I need a therapy session or a 12 step program.LOL!!!!!!!!!

11 replies
scrapmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapmomof3 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 4:59am
post #2 of 12

Hi Amy! I live in the Longwood area, which is just north of Orlando. I found a group you might be interested in..I will send you a private message with the details.

Lisa

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:09am
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapmomof3

I found a group you might be interested in..
Lisa

a "group" or a "group"? (as in 12 step group)? just playin' of course....it sounded funny only because she suggested it first after she re read her post.

hang in there keoni, you'll meet people soon, and its good that you are taking the initiative to do something about it! (i am in texas- a bit far away..)

washipaper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
washipaper Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:23am
post #4 of 12

Your pictures are beautiful and talented. I wish I was close by you so we could share - but the sharing would be a one-way street. thumbs_up.gif

It is hard sometimes for women to make friends, esp. when we are no longer in school or have an outside job to make contacts. This doesn't sound pathetic - it sounds like a good way to use the resources you have available.

Check with your local cake store(s) to see if there is a cake club in your area.

GL - Joan

scrapmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapmomof3 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:26am
post #5 of 12

Melysa..Haha!! My message did sound vague didn't it? I found a playgroup in Kissimmee that might be of interest.

Lisa

melysa Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:32am
post #6 of 12

as a stay at home mom of 3 boys for the last 8 years, i understand how hard it is to get out and meet new people too... a play group is a wonderful idea, as is a cake club!

melysa Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:33am
post #7 of 12

a local gym membership would be nice as well. the kids can play in the day care with others and you can excercise and maybe take a dance class- a good way to get out and meet people as well as work off the cake that we love so much icon_smile.gif

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 5:54am
post #8 of 12

Oh I wish I lived near you. I'm in So CA though. Can your husband get free flights so I can come out there. icon_lol.gif

Really though, you should see if there is a cake club near you. I've met lots of nice people through my club.

I wish I had some cake friends that lived closer to me too. It's always more fun to do cakes with someone there with you to bump ideas off of.

Good luck.

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:21am
post #9 of 12

how do you go about finding a "cake club" i have never heard of this - I am in oklahoma and as supportive as my friends and family are of my cake decorating none of them ever seem to get as excited as i do when I do something cool or new haha

melysa Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:32am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdybear1978

how do you go about finding a "cake club" i have never heard of this - I am in oklahoma and as supportive as my friends and family are of my cake decorating none of them ever seem to get as excited as i do when I do something cool or new haha

check with your local cake supply stores or craft stores like michaels, hobby lobby etc... the craft stores usually offer wilton classes. you can also google online " cake club" with your zip code or city.

amwake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amwake Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 6:43am
post #11 of 12

Sorry Keoni, wish I could help. I will be in Kissimee for a week in June to visit my mom but that doesn't help much since June is a ways off and I will be returning to Alabama at the end of the week. I would say that I will call her but as great as she is she is in her 50's (shhh don't tell her I said that!) and has grandkids older than your child.

Mae1118 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mae1118 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 1:51pm
post #12 of 12

Keonicakes, I really wish we could get together! Unfortunately, I am in Maryland, but I feel your pain. I am a stay-at-home mom of an almost 1 1/2 yr old, and although we have lived here for 4 or 5 years now (also due to my DH's job), almost all of our family is out-of-state. Interestingly, I have the same situation here of a SIL and BIL not too far away, but I know what you mean about needing to make your own friends. It can be hard to meet people, especially once you are a stay at home mom. It's too bad, because it sounds like our situations are so very similar, except for the states we live in! I would be willing to be a pen-pal, if you want to PM me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%