How Do You Make Perfect Bc Leaves?

Decorating By arianne Updated 28 Feb 2006 , 10:32am by vitade

arianne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arianne Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 1:47am
post #1 of 12

Hi all,
I can not for the life of me get my leaves to come out right. I had to open the tip up a little bit because they kept seperating into 3 parts, then it came out somewhat like a leaf, BUT now i can't get them to end in a point. Are there any tips that ya'll could give me on making the perfect leaf. thanks in advance.
Ari

11 replies
thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 1:48am
post #2 of 12

Just squeeze kind of hard and build up the base, and then pull out and let off kind of at the same time to form the point at the end.

Darstus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darstus Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 1:50am
post #3 of 12

If you have tip 67 or 68 and you have opened them to where the tips on the end stand stright up, try adding piping gel to your icing. It allows it to "stretch " a little to get that point. Try piping slower and pulling away slower also.

I don't like those tips so I use a 350 or 352 which gives perfect tips every time. Be sure you hold the tip so it is like a bird's beak (<icon_wink.gif

arianne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arianne Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 1:58am
post #4 of 12

Thank you guys,
Yes i have tip 67, unfortunately that was one that i thought i didn't have when I went to buy tips and bought another one so now I have 2 of the same one. I have tried building up and then letting off, twisting, and pulling up and the same time, and it cleans them up a little, but never could get the point. I'm going to try both of your suggestions because I'm going to attempt to do a flower basket on top of a 9" round layer cake tomorrow..i'll let ya' know how it turns out. thanks again..icon_smile.gif
Ari

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 2:55am
post #5 of 12

Heave that 67 out the window on your way to get a 352! icon_wink.gif

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 3:53am
post #6 of 12

I use 352 but 67 works if you add piping gel to your BC. It makes the BC stretchso you can get the point.

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 11:26pm
post #7 of 12

Once I discovered 352, I never used a 67 again. I just realized they make the same tip in different sizes, too. Duh! I love making leaves now, and before, I just approached it with dread.

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 11:25am
post #8 of 12

Let me just say, even as an instructor.. I HATED the tip 67. I always used the 352. UNTIL I went to a seminar and learned from fellow instructor that the tip needs to be REALLY opened to work properly. I was always told, from the getgo, that the tip should be opened, but slightly and to open it "gentle". Well, this friend took hold of it, proceeded to shove the tipsaver, that's a product that Wilton sells to reshape bent tips, into it and WHALA! PERFECT LEAVES SINCE! I couldn't believe nobody every told me that. Worked like a charm!!

p.s. still LOVE tip 352

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 11:46am
post #9 of 12

I think that 67 tip is just one of those tips that takes up space in the box - the 352 does a much better job.

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 8:20pm
post #10 of 12

I just went in and opened my tip 67-style tubes way up. It'll be interesting to see how this works.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 8:23pm
post #11 of 12

I'm with vitade...352 is all I use!!!

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 28 Feb 2006 , 10:32am
post #12 of 12

Crimsicle,

Did it work?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%