Mmf Melting Tips Anyone?

Decorating By Keshya Updated 22 Mar 2007 , 4:14pm by Keshya

Keshya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keshya Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 14

Does anyone have a easy method for mellting mm? The microwave seems to take time. I find my self repeating the melting proceses several times over and over.

13 replies
NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 14

I don't think there is an easier way to melt the MMs, except in the microwave=( But if there is, someone will have the answer here! I posted a link for easy MMF, it uses a fluff instead of melting the MMs, maybe that is what you are looking for?? HTH some, Jen

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2148-Easy-Marshmallow-Fondant.html

AmeliaLyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmeliaLyn Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 14

Is Marshmallow fluff, the same as marshmallow cream?

NewbeeBaker Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 14

AmeliaLyn, I read on here, the other day, that yes they are the same=) I personally have not used this recipe, but others have and said it works great! Jen

AmeliaLyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmeliaLyn Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 14

Thanks! I'll try that method next time!

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 14

I love the MMF and it doesn't take that long to melt in the Microwave. And if I make it up a few days in advance all I do is pop it back in and warm it for like 20 secs. and work with it some before I use it.

I've only worked with it a few times, and still have a few questions myself like I have no problem rolling it out and getting it off the counter and on the top of the cake, but when I go to smooth it down the cake right when I'm getting ready to cut off the extra it rips on me. and leavs the cakes looking like crap!!! I don't know what to do to STOP this?!?!?!?!

Keshya Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 9:07pm
post #7 of 14

Thanks for the tips, When I melted the mm in the microwave it did was not easy to pour out, it was sticky and I had to scrape it out of the bowl . Maybe i did not melt it long enough. icon_surprised.gif I will try that the puff this weekend.

Thanks Again you all. icon_smile.gif

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 9:19pm
post #8 of 14

Also,
Try coating the bowl with shortening before hand so that the mmf doesn't stick to the walls of the bowl that much.

Good Luck!

Princess3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Princess3 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 9:23pm
post #9 of 14

That is what I do, I coat the bowl and the spoon with the shortening, and of course my hands and it comes out pretty good like that! And put shortening on your mat too or it will stick like crazy to that.

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 9:25pm
post #10 of 14

I always put a little water on top of the marshmallows to make sure they melt properly. And melt them ALL THE WAY. That's one thing that killed me the first time I tried it- the recipe said to "partially melt" the marshmallows! You can imagine how outraged I was! icon_mad.gif

NewbeeBaker Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 9:34pm
post #11 of 14

I do as mentioned above, I crisco the bowl and the spoon. Then put in the MMs, then add the liquid on top. I also add 1/2 of the powdered sugar in the bowl before I turn it out on the counter. Then add the rest until I get the consistency I am looking for=) HTH some, Jen

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 9:40pm
post #12 of 14

Are you using mini mm? should take 2 1/2 min. in 30 sec intervals stirring after every 30 sec. Also I don't know if anyone has mentioned but jet puff work the best. icon_smile.gif

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 12:07am
post #13 of 14

Oh yes, zap them at intervals.

Keshya Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 4:14pm
post #14 of 14

I did not put water in mine , maybr that what went wrong. I still going to try the puff

Thanks you all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%