When Molding Figures With A Mmf W/ Gumtex How Do I...

Decorating By sweetcakesva Updated 19 Mar 2007 , 2:19pm by karennayak

sweetcakesva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesva Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:29am
post #1 of 5

How do I atach the parts together? Do I use royal icing? Will it stick together? Just need some guidance!
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 3:06am
post #2 of 5

Adding some water to some gumpaste and letting it sit for a while makes a great glue.

MelZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelZ Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 3:18am
post #3 of 5

You can also use a small piece of spaghetti for extra support. For example if you were attaching the shoe to a pant leg, insert the piece of spaghetti into the middle of the pant leg apply the gumpaste glue and press together.

I used both for supporting the head, hands to sleeves, etc. You just have to be careful that you don't poke it through when joining the two parts.

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 1:50pm
post #4 of 5

For fondant you can use fondant glue or for gumpaste use gumpaste glue. Just take a piece of either one, break it into small pieces and add some warm water, stir and smash until you have a glue like substance. This works quite well, some times depending on the weight of your piece you will need extra support as stated previously, toothpicks, spaghetti or whatever you choose. Good Luck.

karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 19 Mar 2007 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 5

When I was making fondant animals for a jungle cake I did, I used a combination of tooth-picks, and tylose powder.

Someone on this site, (Thank You! I can't remember who it was) suggested moistening some tylose powder. and using it as a glue. It worked perfectly for all the tiny details on my cake. (It's in my photos)

Karen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%