Cake Blogspots

Decorating By Lisa Updated 14 Apr 2005 , 5:15am by SquirrellyCakes

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 15

Hi everyone! I wanted to invite all my CC friends to look at a couple of blogspots I've put together recently. One is the directions for the 3D Spider-Man cake. The other is a collection of cake funnies. If you have anything to add to the cake funnies, please let me know. I'm running out of things to include. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed putting them together.

Making A 3D Bust Cake: Spider-Man
Cake Funnies

BTW...if you want your own blogspot you can get one free at www.blogger.com

14 replies
llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 15

I am actually MAKING that nasty-looking kitty litter cake! EWWWWW!!! However, someone has requested it--so make it I will!

I just think it looks so absolutely disgusting--but heck--I'm not going to have to eat it. I just don't know if I want my name associated with it.

Very cool looking spiderman!!

Lisa

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 15

did a great job on the blog!!!! how cool

galaglow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galaglow Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 15

Kitty Litter Cake?! I've never heard of such a thing! Sounds revolting icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 12:43am
post #5 of 15

The blog is great, lots of fun! Don't think I have anything to add now, but will be on the lookout for something! Janice

Lisa Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 12:45am
post #6 of 15

Yes...the Kitty Litter Cake! I bet kids would get a kick out of that. They're so into gross stuff! You should have seen the bleeding gelatin brain I came across--really gross! Perfect for halloween!

I forgot to mention that I included SquirrellyCakes drooling on the keyboard comment that I read in one of her posts (Thanks). It was so funny to me, I had to include it in one of the posts.

Thanks for looking too. It means a lot to me. It's no fun to have a blog if you can't share it icon_smile.gif .

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 3:57am
post #7 of 15

Hysterical, thanks for a good laugh kiddo!
Dare I approach this subject?
Ok, all of the copyright stuff that can get you into trouble, it seems more so in the U.S. than anywhere. But is it legal to give instructions for how to make a registered trademark cake, such as Spidey or can this get you in trouble? Not making the cake for your family, but posting the instructions. I thought this was a no-no, without special permission - in the U.S.A.?
Or is it ok if you say that this is how I did my son's birthday cake?
Sorry, just don't want to see you get any backlash about this one.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Lisa Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 4:12am
post #8 of 15

I think it's okay. I've been to a lot of websites with copyrighted character cakes for sale...if no one's knocking on their door (being that they are making money), I don't think they'll come to mine either. I've also been to sites with instructions on how to make copyrighted character cakes (The wiggles one I posted recently for instance). If the copyright police do come calling, they'll have a lot more on me than the instructions for doing a Spider-Man cake. Like Dawn has said before (her instructions include a BCT of Pooh), we know it's not legal to be using these copyrighted characters but we choose to accept the risk.

Thanks for caring icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 4:17am
post #9 of 15

Lisa,

You are such a positive person!! My day brightens up when I read all your posts!!! I mean it!! There has been a lot of negative people on CC lately & it's nice to see your happy go lucky self making posts!!!! You go girl!! icon_smile.gif

llj68,

I love your new avatar!! Another postive thing to look for!! Very nice! icon_smile.gif

Lisa Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 4:31am
post #10 of 15

You too TC...all of your posts are written as if you're smiling at the time icon_smile.gif .

SquirrellyCakes Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 4:33am
post #11 of 15

Hi guys,
Gee I hope I didn't offend here, nor do I want to be part of the negativity.
This just came up on elsewhere and people really take it seriously in the U.S. Like I said, it hasn't been an issue for anyone I know here where I live. But it has come to my attention that some folks think that it is ok to bring these things to the authority's attention. And I would hate like heck to see you get into any type of problems, this is just a subject that has become an issue and so I was warning you kiddo.
By the way, you did an excellent job of posting instructions.
Anyway, I hope I haven't offended you and if I have, I sincerely apologize and I also apologize if it seems to anyone that I am at all responsible for adding any negativity here.
I also apologize if anyone feels that I am stepping on anyone's toes, it certainly isn't my intention. I am just a guest on this site, like everyone else.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Lisa Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 4:41am
post #12 of 15

Oh no Squirrelly Cakes...TC wasn't talking about you at all. We all know how much you care about us and how you only want to help. She was referring to someone else entirely. You have never been anything but positive!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 4:50am
post #13 of 15

Oh NO MaryLou!!! I wasn't talking about you!! You are nothing but a postive & helpful to me!!! You have helped me SO MUCH!!! I could never say an unkind word about you!!!!! Sorry that you thought that!!!
YOU'RE WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

galaglow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galaglow Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 5:01am
post #14 of 15

I checked out your BLOG after the kitty litter cake piqued my interest! icon_smile.gif That Spidey was excellent! The kitty litter cake did look revolting however!! icon_smile.gif So much so, that I think I will make one for my nephews - they will LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!

SquirrellyCakes Posted 14 Apr 2005 , 5:15am
post #15 of 15

Oh thank goodness, I was beginning to wonder how many folks I could kitty litter lump off in one day, haha!
Gosh that darn cake looks exactly like my cat litter box, how grosse is that?
Hugs Squirrelly With A Big Mouth!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%