Flying With Cookies

Baking By Book119 Updated 25 Feb 2006 , 11:00pm by Book119

Book119 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Book119 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 4:29am
post #1 of 5

Hi! The answer to this question will probably be close to the same as shipping, but I thought I would ask anyway. In a few months I'll be on a 12 hour flight to Canada, (flying in for my best friends wedding) and I want to bring some cookies for her shower. What is the best way to do this? Anyone flown with cookies before?

Thanks in advance!
Becca

4 replies
Book119 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 9:39pm
post #2 of 5

no-one has ever flown with cookies? even a short distance's expierience would help!

Thanks,
Becca

Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 5

One thing you ahve to keep in mind, especially if you travel to another country. (dont' know if you are), is food is one of those things they get picky with at customs. it really depends on who the agent is, and what kind of mood they are in. Or if they follow the rules for customs according to the book. They may or may not lett the cookies through.

They might say they need to be quarantined (for them later maybe?), because they are food products.

The only suggestion I'd have is to carry them in your carry-on luggage, so you almost always have control over how they are handled. You can wrap them any way you want, when you do it that way.

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 5

Hey, just out of curiousity where abouts in Canada will you be attending teh wedding? icon_biggrin.gif

If you were just wondering about how to package the cookies for such a long flight, this offers excellent tips for mailing cookies, they would work just the same for travelling: http://allrecipes.com/advice/coll/all/articles/176P1.asp

Here is a website that tells you what you can and can't bring into Canada:http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/other_sites/laws-e.html If you were wondering about other restrictions, you may get more info calling the airline you'll be flying on.

Book119 Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you guys so much! Especially for the "customs" tip.

The wedding is going to be in Toronto. I'm just waiting for them to pick a date, so I can buy my ticket!

Thanks so much for both of your advice.

Becca

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%