Alamosweets...our Prayers Are With You

Lounge By stephanie214 Updated 1 Mar 2006 , 3:54am by Dordee

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 38

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure that alot of you know Alamosweets from her posts.

Her nephew is in the hospital, bleeding on the brain. I haven't gotten an up-date yet but throught you should know so that you can send her a prayer, kind word or whatever to let her know that we are thinking of her.

Thank you so much thumbs_up.gif

37 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 38

Alamosweets, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your nephew at this time of need. It is truly amazing what they can do now. Two years ago my dad had a brain anurysm (?) The bleeding was profuse and we were afraid of loosing him. To make matters worse he was on a blood thinner for his heart so surgery was out of the question. They were able to go into his leg and pass a wire up to the brain and fill the anurysm up so it would stop bleeding. Today he is fine! All from a 1 inch cut in his leg!!!
I will say a prayer each night for him! I also read in your other post that you would be traveling to get to him. I pray you travel safely!
Kimberly

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 38

Thanks Stephanie for letting us know this! My prayers are with her!!

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 38

Yes, Stephanie, thank you so very much for telling us! I didn't know. Her nephew is going on my prayer list right now. I will also pray for safety for her as she travels to be with him and for comfort for her and his parents and the rest of the family. For wisdom and discernment for each doctor and nurse involved with his care.

Please give us an update if and when you hear further from her and let her know we are thinking of and praying for both her nephew and for her.

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 38

She is in my thoughts and prayers. ((((HUGS))))) to her and her family.

Lisa

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 38

May God Be with you and your nephew Alamosweets,

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 8:27pm
post #7 of 38

Alamosweets I'm thinking of you & praying for your nephew.

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 8:34pm
post #8 of 38

We are praying for you and your family.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 9:52pm
post #9 of 38

Prayers and good wishes, Alamo...

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 10:17pm
post #10 of 38

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. icon_smile.gif

stephanie214 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 2:44am
post #11 of 38

UPDATE FROM ALAMOSWEETS;

I have received a couple pms from Linda and her nephew is still critical.

They do not know where the bleeding is coming from in his brain and 70% of his heart is dead.

She sends her thanks for your prayers and words of comfort.

From your mouth to God's ear, so please keep them coming.

Will keep you posted.

NEWTODECORATING Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 2:46am
post #12 of 38

stephanie, thank you for the update. Was he in an accident or was this a sudden illness? What is his age?

stephanie214 Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 3:21am
post #13 of 38

He is 39 years old and was not in an accident.

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 4:10am
post #14 of 38

Wow. That is not a good prognosis. However, miracles have been known to happen. I do not know this person, but I will send positive thoughts their way!

dawnrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnrunner Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 6:45am
post #15 of 38

Alamo, our prayers are with you and your family.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 6:46am
post #16 of 38

Alamo--please know that the Lord is close. I will pray for you and your family.

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 11:17am
post #17 of 38

May God comfort you and your family during this difficult time...please know that your nephew and the rest of your family will be in my prayers...

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 1:46pm
post #18 of 38

What can I say? You all have been so kind I can hardly believe it!

Cary (nephew) is totally aware of his surroundings but is still sleeping most of the day. I haven't heard yet this morning but no news is good news. I haven't really gone to see him yet. My Sister asked if I would stay in our home town (Vernon) at her house to take care of her two brand new Boston Terrier puppies and our 80 year old Mother. All of the communication about Cary has been by phone. I am taking my Mother to Wichita Falls after lunch to see Cary and my Sister and then back to Vernon. The waiting is very hard when you aren't there. He is in ICU and will stay there for a long while.

Cary has been a miracle all of his life. We have all been touched by him. There have been a few times with other illnesses and surgeries (7) when we didn't think he would make and he pulled through to all of the doctor's amazements. Due to birth complications he was left with many problems. He is unable to work or drive and when he can, his hobby is collecting coke bottles and kerosine lamps. He has quite a collection.

You can't imagine how much it means to me that you at CC are so caring and concerned. It just toally wipes me out and everytime I get on to check messages it brings tears to my eyes. There is no way to say thank you enough!

Love to all of you!

AlamoSweets Posted 23 Feb 2006 , 11:26pm
post #19 of 38

Update:

Cary is out of ICU but is still in guarded condition. He cannot use his right arm and right leg. There is still no diagnosis for the bleeding of his brain and he was too agitated today for the MRI. He will need to be checked every day once he comes home and we still have no clue how long that will be. He will have to have physical therapy and brain damage has not been ruled out.

The doctors are amazed and can't believe he is still with us. His family is not surprised though!

He has a very long road ahead of him and to top everything off his Mother (my Sister) has been forced into early retirement from a job she has been at for 31 years. She is not sure how they will make ends meet when it is already hard enough with a full salary.

My Sister was telling me that no one that worked with her for so long has called or shown any concern. She said no one really cared because he wasn't their family. I jumped in to tell her how I had been sharing with CC and how Cary and their family are in the prayers of people all over the US! Of course that brought the tears! She couldn't believe it!

Thank you again for all of your support and good wishes and prayers. Please keep them coming because they are truly appreciated!

Thank you and love to all!

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 1:42pm
post #20 of 38

I will continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers. (((((HUGS))))) and strength to you all.

Lisa

NEWTODECORATING Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 1:49pm
post #21 of 38

Alamo, thanks for the update on Cary's condition. Your whole family has been on my mind and I was wondering how things were there. I am relieved to hear that he is aware of his surroundings and hope the paralysis is temporary. Brain anyurisms run in my family. So far 4 family members, including my dad, have suffered with them, so I know a thing or two about bleeding in the brain. My dad was paralysis from the waist down after his first ruptured, however when the blood was reabsorbed the paralysis resolved itself. My continued prayers for Cary and your family!

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 6:33pm
post #22 of 38

You and your family are in my prayers.

steph95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steph95 Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 7:11pm
post #23 of 38

Alamo: You, your sister, your mother, your family, and most of all your nephew are all in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad to hear that he is doing better. Behold the power of prayer!!

AlamoSweets Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 3:10am
post #24 of 38

Stephanie and all at CC:

You are amazing Stephanie! You are so busy but continue to worry about Cary. Thank you for being so kind. Tomorrow is your big day (including a Grandson's birthday). Good luck. All will go well I know. I can't wait to see the pics.

Cary is doing much better today. He is still suffering a horrible headache but the doctor said it will last 10 days and no pain medication will touch it. They are giving him a morphene patch that will take the edge off. He is able to use his right arm now and he will move his leg when he is made to but it will be a long time before he can get out of bed.

Again, thanks to everyone that has said a prayer for him. The doctors still can't get over it.

Talk soon and love to all!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 25 Feb 2006 , 3:46am
post #25 of 38

Continued prayers Alamo, glad to hear some good news. Is he sick from the morphine?

AlamoSweets Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 2:07am
post #26 of 38

I just wanted to thank all of you again for your concerns and prayers. The doctors are still saying it is a miracle he is still alive and should not have made it through the first night.

He is on the mend now and is sitting up in a chair. The morphine is not making him sick but the medication to counter act the steroids to keep him from getting ulcers. Sometimes I wonder!

I will let you know in the future is there is any change but he has totally turned the corner and is expected to perhaps go home at the end of next week.

Thank you so much again.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 2:30am
post #27 of 38

God bless you and your family for all the heartache for all the up and down emotions you must be feeling. Hang in there. The lords work is never done, he will give life and take life.. Remember no matter what happens he does it with love.. My prayers are with you...
Christy

ccoth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccoth Posted 26 Feb 2006 , 4:18am
post #28 of 38

I've been praying for you and your family. Glad to hear the tide is turning. Thanks for the updates. Will continue to lift you all up and ask for the Lord's hand to bring health and strength to Cary, peace to your sister (HE WILL PROVIDE! Matthew 6:25-34) and that you may be a comfort to your family during this difficult time.

Sory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sory Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 4:45am
post #29 of 38

I'm so sorry for what is happening to her. I have 5 nieces and a nephew and I love them so much. I'll add her nephew to my prayers besides my Mom.
Hope everything goes well with him.
Bye!
Sory.

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 6:55am
post #30 of 38

my thoughts are with her and her family

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%