Satin Ice....yum!!!

Baking By MichelleM77 Updated 18 Mar 2007 , 3:52pm by cambo

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 6

I finally got to the store that carries Satin Ice fondant. OMG this stuff is soooo good! My husband and son went with me to the store and we cracked the bucket open as soon as we got in the car. LOL! I just wish the store was a bit closer. We got there an back in 1-1/2 hours with 2 extra stops (army store for hubby and McD's for son), so that's not awful, but not as close as the craft store for Wilton's stuff. I don't think I can ever buy Wilton's again though. Plus, I found a neat cake decorating supply shop that I had never been to before (Diane's Cake & Candy in Barberton for Ohio people) so that's always a bonus! thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 1:37am
post #2 of 6

I have wondered if it tasted good.....I can't find any in my town, will have to drive about 100 miles to get it....Would it be worth the drive?

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 1:44am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia

I have wondered if it tasted good.....I can't find any in my town, will have to drive about 100 miles to get it....Would it be worth the drive?

I would imagine it would be cheaper to buy it online and have it shipped than to drive that far.

TToomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TToomer Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 2:05am
post #4 of 6

I agree, I have bought it online twice, it generally arrives in 4-5 days. try www.countrykitchensa.com

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:13am
post #5 of 6

The prices online are a lot more than what I got for in my local store, but if that's all you have available, then I think it's worth it.

I'm in the process of trying to convince my sister to let me use the SI fondant on her wedding cake cookies. She hates fondant, but she only had the fondant on my wedding cake and I don't remember it tasting like SI. I'm tempted to take a piece and mail it to her in Colorado just so she can taste it! LOL!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 18 Mar 2007 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 6

I have to agree, of all fondant icings I have tried, Satin Ice is the best tasting.....although I still don't think it tastes that well.....BUT it definitely has a MUCH better taste than all the others! I use it for modeling and accents and bows!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%