What Did You Buy At The Wilton Tent Sale Last Year?

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 12 Apr 2007 , 6:43pm by Maureen1971

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 29

Just wondering what items were for sale at the tent sale? What did everyone who went last year or before that buy? Trying to get an idea of whether or not I want to make the trip up there.... maybe all of us who plan to go to the wilton tent sale could get together for dinner one evening, a CC outing icon_smile.gif

28 replies
teesme2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teesme2000 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 29

Well, it would take me 3 days to list everything I bought. All I can say is if you have a chance to go, you will not regret it. Especially for the newbies. An awesome opportunity to build up your cake decorating toys for HALF price.

icon_biggrin.gif

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 29

oooh oooh, more info, please! where? when? oh do tell!

heavenly_blonde69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenly_blonde69 Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 29

I would love to know more info as well.

sweetcakesva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesva Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:00am
post #5 of 29

where????? when ????? ahhhhhhh! I must know!!! I sound like a crack addict going to a crack sale!

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:09am
post #6 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCakesFL

where????? when ????? ahhhhhhh! I must know!!! I sound like a crack addict going to a crack sale!

ha ha, i thought cake baking was crack?

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:15am
post #7 of 29

I believe it's in June every year, in Darien, IL, where the Wilton school is located.

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 2:20am
post #8 of 29

I would love to go, but it's to far.

cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 3:35am
post #9 of 29

You could get just about anything cake related for 1/2 price. They also sell a lot of kitchen gadgets (spoons, spatulas, knife sets, pots, coffee pots - the list is endless). IN ADDITION TO THAT...they also sell picture frames really cheap, wedding and baby shower favor trinkets. It is really worth going if you are able to. I'm luckily only about an hour away and haven't missed it!!

Hope to see a lot of cc members there. We should do something to meet our cc friends! I'll be up for it.

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 10:45am
post #10 of 29

I am so jelous that you guys get the chance to go!!!!!
I guess I will just stick to Michael coupons for cheap wilton stuff

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 11:05am
post #11 of 29

My sister and mom shopped for me. They called me three times from the sale to verify my list. They ended up spending $350 and bought so much I could not possibly think of it all. I know I have only recently needed more some things that I ran out of-CASES of gumpaste, basically a case of assorted fondant (yes, it's yucky to eat, but makes really cheap fondant decorations, doodads, and figures for your cakes!!) plus three cake stands at less than half price, so many tools and fun things I can't possibly remember them all, CASES of boards and boxes! AH, I love that place. This year, I believe I will be planning my flights right and bringing 2 extra suitcases-hopefully that will do it!

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 11:26am
post #12 of 29

Oh my gosh, it was awsome. Yes I am a newbie and was able to get cake pan sets, cooking racks, books, tips, wedding cake accessories, paper products, every decorating need you can think of as well as kitchen items- spatulas, knives etc. (Copco brand). The sale is June 1 - June 19th this year. You can sign up online and Wilton to send you a reminder email. My sister lives in Naperville, Illinois, which was just a few towns down from Darien so we went last year. We actually went for about 2 hours but I ended up going back to buy more later in the day! If you get a chance to, GO.

29apr00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
29apr00 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 12:41pm
post #13 of 29

I am so planning on going to this!! I just need to work on a schedule to go! I presume the best time to go would be in the begining, right??

radtech Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 12:47pm
post #14 of 29

Actually, I think we went toward the end of the sale and there was still a huge amount of merchandise. I would suggest either early in the morning or later in the afternoon, it gets quite busy. The checkout lines look long,but they are very good at getting everyone thru quickly. I can't wait to go again.

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 12:56pm
post #15 of 29

Gee it might be worth a little road trip. I live in Indianapolis, it is close enough for me.

sweetcakesva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesva Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 12:59pm
post #16 of 29

oh it is so far!! I definitely don't think i'll be making that one icon_cry.gificon_cry.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gificon_cry.gif

quills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quills Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:03pm
post #17 of 29

radtech, where did you hear that it's June 1-19 this year? I keep checking the Wilton site to find out the exact dates so I can plan my trip. I'm originally from the Chicago area, so last year I planned to "visit" my mom to coincide with the tent sale! The tent sale is so awesome - I was like a kid in a candy store! And last year I was just starting out with the whole cake thing, so this year I have a MUCH better idea of what I really need (and what I just really want!).

selahmycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
selahmycat Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:06pm
post #18 of 29

What didn't I buy!!!
Besides decorating stuff, I got a super nice coffee carafe, tons of spatulas, and a bunch of different kitchen stuff. Oh, I also found a 2002 Yearbook.
It really doesn't matter what day you go because they are constantly putting out new stuff!

radtech Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:13pm
post #19 of 29

quills, I actually emailed Wilton yesterday beacuse I knew that the sale is usually in early June. Try www.wilton.com/events/index.cfm Let me know if that worked.

quills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quills Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:15pm
post #20 of 29

radtech, that's exactly where I've been checking. It just says they'll post the information in "the spring." Well, today's the first day of spring, isn't it??? Happy Spring, everybody! (and thanks for the info., radtech!)

radtech Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 1:17pm
post #21 of 29

You are right, sorry. Wilton did email me back though and gave me the dates of June 1-19

pickles777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pickles777 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 3:38pm
post #22 of 29

hmm. anyone think its worth a 5 hour road trip? i would loveee to be able to go if its worth driving that long.....

teesme2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teesme2000 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 4:03pm
post #23 of 29

Marksgirl--It would DEFINITELY be worth it for you to make the drive from Indy. It is in Woodridge, super easy to get to off of I55.

To me, it really didn't matter when I went--I hit it a bunch of times last year--beginning of the sale and end of the sale--they restock pretty much everything everyday, so there is always TONS. And I do mean TONS !!

I am needing more cello bags, cake boards/boxes, cupcake liners. I am hoping they have the new silicone baking cups there--the ones with the feet and the bright colored ones. But I'm sure they will--they have EVERYTHING there. I cannot say enough about this sale !! Just AWSOME !!!! icon_lol.gif

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 4:06pm
post #24 of 29

Is it pretty much the same stuff for sell everyday or is it certain things on specific days? Do the give out a list of items being sold? Does the merchandise get cheaper towards the end? Is it an all day thing?

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 4:15pm
post #25 of 29

Looks like it will almost take me 4 hours to drive there but I'm thinking I will go anyway icon_smile.gif

Destini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destini Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 4:36pm
post #26 of 29

I can't wait to go. I'm sitting here right know going through the yearbook making a list of what I need. I may need to rent a U-haul. LOL

29apr00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
29apr00 Posted 21 Mar 2007 , 5:40pm
post #27 of 29

Dustbunny - where will you be coming from??

Marksgirl - We could meet up!!

Indiana girls at the Wilton Tent sale! Woo hoo!! icon_lol.gif

Paintedlady201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paintedlady201 Posted 22 Mar 2007 , 12:23am
post #28 of 29

I'm definitely going. It's a short trip for me so I'll be there with bells on. icon_lol.gif I'm probably going to concentrate on getting more pans. I NEED a square set. Using my rectangles and them cutting them is so wasteful. Oh so many things I want...I don't know how I'll ever decide. icon_cry.gif

Maureen1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen1971 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 6:43pm
post #29 of 29

I have heard it is well worth the drive and a group of us girls have been talking about "a field trip" out there.

Over 8 hours drive (and that doesn't include the hour or so we're likely to be sitting at the border). What do you think? Is it THAT good? Should we firm up travel plans? I want to go, but trying to weigh the pros and cons of such a trip - seeing the price of gas being what it is, hotel, having to find a sitter for the three hellions, time off work, food, spending money... blah blah blah.

HELP! Someone make up my mind for me?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%