Jersey Cake

Decorating By cakescouture Updated 20 Feb 2006 , 8:34pm by briansbaker

cakescouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakescouture Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 4

Please help! After changing their minds four times, my client just decided on a football jersey cake, Due on Wednesday! I cannot find a Wilton T-shirt pan anywhere. Any great ideas? I am still new at this and do not trust my sculpting technique.
Thanks y'all!

3 replies
sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 4

how about a rectangular cake with a shirt drawn on top ... you can do that with a piping gel transfer... or a fbct ... or a fondant cut out on top of the cake .... or just fire the customer (did I say that icon_eek.gif ) ... just kidding .. good luck

golfgma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgma Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 4

I don't know how many people it needs to serve, but if you need a jersey you can use the 9x13 pan and then 2 mini loaf pans for the sleeves and carve them slightly to resemble a shirt. slightly carve the neck line and
maybe take some off down the sides to give some shape. Or maybe a sheet cake with a FBCT of a football jersey??
Diane

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 4

Love your cakes!!!
HI!!!
I see this is your first post!!!!
Tx. huh, me too! Hi Neighbor!
I really don't think it would take that much sculpting to make a sheet cake say 11X15 into a jersey cake.. Just mark your cake with a toothpicks or even draw it out with icing and you will be able to vision your cuts and what is left.. Make sure you crumb coat it real good.. You can do it!!!!!
Christy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%