Cake Matrix

Decorating By boysmomintx Updated 13 Apr 2005 , 8:24am by Ladycake

boysmomintx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boysmomintx Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 7

So, I have seen several people talking about the cake matrix or making a matrix. I believe that it is some kind of chart that tells you how much you're spending and what to charge. Can someone kind of tell me how to do this? Do you write it down in terms of each cake you make or have a system that is ready for you every time? Thanks for the help. Love this website.

Jennifer icon_wink.gif

6 replies
cupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 7

Cali4Dawn has a great spreadsheet on excel. There are several others out there too. You can ask Cali4Dawn icon_smile.gif

boysmomintx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boysmomintx Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 7

I think she (cali4dawn) must be the CAKE QUEEN! LOL Thank you.

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 7

Yes Cali4dawn has a good one. I acutally took hers, and comined it with two others and then adding some of my own calculations. I know have a matrix that will do 1x2 and 2x2 slices. It will calculate it as cost per slice, hourly and markup. It will also take the average of the three and will take the average of per slice and hourly. This was I can see all of my options and really decide what to charge depending on who it is.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:16am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by boysmomintx

So, I have seen several people talking about the cake matrix or making a matrix. I believe that it is some kind of chart that tells you how much you're spending and what to charge. Can someone kind of tell me how to do this? Do you write it down in terms of each cake you make or have a system that is ready for you every time? Thanks for the help. Love this website.

Jennifer icon_wink.gif

Mine is a spreadsheet that is ready for you every time as long as your costs don't change... but that is extremely easy to update. I actually make a new one for each customer. Using the copy command on the computer, I just start a new one each time.

Mine gives you 2 choices of your final charges: to charge by the hour or multiplying the cost (you decide how many times you want to multiply it and it always remembers). It also tells you how much it is per serving using either charging method. It gives you this cost before and after any additional odd charges you may have for the customer (such as rentals).

I have also made it very difficult for you to forget to charge for any little thing at all... even paper-towels are covered! icon_wink.gif

As far as I know, I am the only one that has made a Matrix to this extent that allows for cakes from scratch or boxed mixes... so it is very versatile.

It is available on Excel or Works. You must email me to obtain it and specify which version you need. If you have both- choose Excel- it is one step easier.

[email protected]

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:17am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by boysmomintx

I think she (cali4dawn) must be the CAKE QUEEN! LOL Thank you.

Nooooo! icon_surprised.gif Just maybe the Queen of Useless information!!! icon_cool.gif

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 8:24am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Quote:

Just maybe the Queen of Useless information!!!

tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%