Does This Cake Convey Love? Lol

Decorating By wendysue Updated 17 Mar 2007 , 12:40am by tammylenz

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 12

A friend of my hubby wanted a cake for tomorrow that would serve as an engagement party cake. She didn't want anything written on it. I decided to go with a Shamrock theme since he's Irish and the party is on St. Patrick's Day.

Anyway I still have a few hours, so thought I'd ask if this cake conveys love or not! icon_lol.gif I made the leaves look like hearts (hopefully) and placed some smaller hearts at the base. If you go to:

http://cakespace.blogspot.com/ it's top of the page. You can click either image to enlarge.

So, what's the verdict? Too simple or just right?

Wendy

11 replies
NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 12

I like it, and sometimes the more simple the better=) If you feel it is missing something, an idea would be to put words of love/marriage on each of the leaves. Something like...love, adore, cherish, my one, etc. But, I think it is beautiful as it is! Jen

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 12

did you run the shamrock theme by her beforehand? Is the party they're having a St. Patrick's Day party or is it an engagement party that happens to be on St. Patrick's Day?
I think the cake is beautifully done, but I'm not sure if I would have noticed the shamrock was made out of hearts if you hadn't mentioned it. I would want to run the idea by the bride to be first, just in case it's not what she was expecting.

I do love the cake though. AND I'm IRISH! icon_smile.gif

salsera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
salsera Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 12

It's cute! It looks as though you piped small hearts within each of the leaves. What if you made one of those red to make the heart shape stand out? Or, you could pipe some small hearts outside the shamrock.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsaxe

did you run the shamrock theme by her beforehand? Is the party they're having a St. Patrick's Day party or is it an engagement party that happens to be on St. Patrick's Day?
I think the cake is beautifully done, but I'm not sure if I would have noticed the shamrock was made out of hearts if you hadn't mentioned it. I would want to run the idea by the bride to be first, just in case it's not what she was expecting.

I do love the cake though. AND I'm IRISH! icon_smile.gif

She gave me free reign to make anything St Patrick's Day, NASCAR, or Chiefs. Since the party is on the 17th I went with St. Patrick's day. The groom is Irish and this seemed to be a good fit.

The cake wasn't ordered by the bride-to-be, but a friend of the couple. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for your opinion! icon_biggrin.gif

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:36pm
post #6 of 12

In that case, I think the cake will be a great hit. Nice that you had such free reign to do what you wanted. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

newcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakemaker Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 7:50pm
post #7 of 12

I agree with the previous people! I think the cake looks great and they will love it! You did a really good job on that!

customcaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
customcaker Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 10:18pm
post #8 of 12

I think your cake looks LOVEly!!! I'm sure it will be a great hit at the party! I like the tecture you did in the middle of the shamrock leaves.

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 10:26pm
post #9 of 12

I think they will love it. I prefer the simple look myself and wouldn't change a thing.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 10:31pm
post #10 of 12

I like the cake a lot too and my favorite is with the little green shamrocks around the bottom border as shown in the second picture. It looks super and you don't need to change a thing IMO. icon_smile.gif

I love your chocolate Mickey Mouse cake pictured below it too. Veeeery cute!

milal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milal Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 12:28am
post #11 of 12

The cake came out great. If you are worried, that the hearts in the leaves wont be noticed, how about highlighting them with a little darker green, to act like veing on the leaf? I'm sure they are going to love it.

tammylenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammylenz Posted 17 Mar 2007 , 12:40am
post #12 of 12

I think the cake looks great and I do like the idea of writing some words on the leaves. You could do it in green so it will blend in but also so that you can still see the message of Love written on them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%