Mini Tier Pan...

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 12 Apr 2005 , 5:23pm by MindiBrad

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 12:38am
post #1 of 10

Does anyone know how much batter to use in magic line's mini cake pans. I have the 2",3",4",5" two in deep pans. I just got them from e-bay and they don't have any instructions.
Thanks,
peacock

9 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 2:29am
post #2 of 10

You can try filling them with water and then pouring the water into a measuring cup. This will give you an idea of how much batter to use. You would want to fill them 1/2 to 2/3 full.

BTW...those pans make some of the cutest cakes! I bet you're going to have a lot of fun with them.

cupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakequeen Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 2:40am
post #3 of 10

Has anyone seen these cake pans in stores? I've only seen them online, but if there are available in store, I'd like to buy it icon_smile.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 10

I have not seen them in a store yet.
Don't fill them more than 1/2 way up, I just used them and your cakes will rise really high if you fill them 2/3 full. So high that they will almost go over the sides. It does not take much batter to fill them, I'd say at least 2 cups maybe 3 to fill all of them.
I bought mine from a website and mine did not come with instructions either icon_rolleyes.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 10

thanks for the help. I can't wait to try them!

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 1:54pm
post #6 of 10

I got my pans from CK products and have not had time to use them yet. I even have the pantastic sets that come in hearts and squares. Those pans start at about 1 3/4 and the largetest tier is about 3". I cant wait to find an excuse to use them.

cakeconfections Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 4:49pm
post #7 of 10

Ok. On a whim I have decided to make a whimsy cake using 8, 5 and 3 inch pan. Word of advice. fill the 5 and 3 inch less then half full. I filled them half full and the bake a lot over the pan.

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 5:00pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeconfections

Ok. On a whim I have decided to make a whimsy cake using 8, 5 and 3 inch pan. Word of advice. fill the 5 and 3 inch less then half full. I filled them half full and the bake a lot over the pan.

out of curiosity - this whimsy pan....is it the "lay flat" one that Wilton has? Or is there a "stand up" whimsy mini tier pan?

cakeconfections Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 5:03pm
post #9 of 10

That is the topsy turvey pan by wilton. I am acutally make a layered cake with normal pans and then will cut them tilted and stack.

MindiBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MindiBrad Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 5:23pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeconfections

That is the topsy turvey pan by wilton. I am acutally make a layered cake with normal pans and then will cut them tilted and stack.

darn! I was hoping that there was a "stand up" one out there....as you will see when I post a pic of my b-day cake....I need to really work on tiering cakes <grin>

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%