Does Anyone Use Color Flow On Cookies?

Baking By MommaLlama Updated 15 Feb 2006 , 12:31am by bjfranco

MommaLlama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaLlama Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 8

Hello,

I do really like antonia's royal icing recipe, but i was wondering if anyone has tried color flow icing? I heard that it dries faster and tastes pretty good.

ml

7 replies
MommaLlama Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 8

anybody??

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 8

I wonder... I used antonia's icing and I like it but I never thought of color flow... I would like to know as well icon_smile.gif

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 8

I usually just use the royal icing - It dries overnight. I have some of the color flow that I bought because I thought we would use it in class but she used royal icing instead so that is what I have always used. Sorry I have not helped...maybe someone else can.

momlovestocook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momlovestocook Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 8

I've only used colorflow once and it was not on cookies. My kids who will eat royal icing, did not like the colorflow at all-too hard. I'm not sure if it's on a cookie if it will be a little softer.

Sandra

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 11:08pm
post #6 of 8

Not sure, but I think it takes longer to dry than royal icing. I used to use it to make things but like royal icing better. I think it does dry harder, though.

MommaLlama Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 11:13pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everybody. I'll probably stick to antonia's royal icing. i just love that stuff. I just finished decorating some cookies using it but I can't get the picture to upload, or any other pictures for the last few days. Anyone else having trouble?

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 12:31am
post #8 of 8

I used color flow before antonia's recipe and the kids at the party did not like the taste at all. See Sesame Street Cake in my photos. They came out great but were SUPER fragile. Snapped Big Birds head right off when trying to lift it after letting it dry for 4 days. icon_mad.gif

bj icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%