Can I Use The Fbct On Cookies?

Baking By twinsline7 Updated 24 Feb 2006 , 9:25pm by tye

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 3:54am
post #1 of 8

I'm making cookies for my husbands work and he wants them symbol on them...well I cant draw that on 3dz cookies!! So can I use the FBCT on them?

7 replies
twinsline7 Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 4:10am
post #2 of 8

OH NO ...please someone help me!!! icon_cry.gif

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 4:15am
post #3 of 8

i've never tried it....but i can't see why not.
good luck! icon_wink.gif

twinsline7 Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 4:18am
post #4 of 8

Thank you for answering!!! icon_biggrin.gif ........what about royal icing transfers? Have you tried those? I just saw them on another cookie but can't find anything on how to make them.......Im gonna be up ALL night!! icon_sad.gif

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 4:22am
post #5 of 8

I'm not sure what the symbol looks like or when you need to have them ready, but I recently did some cookies for a shower that were iced in Antonia74's royal icing, and I drew the details with the food markers.

I had tried several different ways to do them in icing, and just couldn't get the look I wanted, but the markers saved the day!

They're the cat cookies in my photos . . .

Laura.

mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 16 Feb 2006 , 2:35pm
post #6 of 8

You could also do the transfer with melted chocolate. Just make sure the chocolate isn't too warm because then you could bleed colors. I've done a chocolate clifford and hello kitty for a cake, but there is no reason you couldn't do it for cookies, and you would just attach it to the cookie with either frosting or melted chocolate.

If you look at my photos, I believe I have pics of the them.

lcdmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcdmarie Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 9:16pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsline7

I'm making cookies for my husbands work and he wants them symbol on them...well I cant draw that on 3dz cookies!! So can I use the FBCT on them?

What is FBCT????

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 9:25pm
post #8 of 8

Frozen Butter Cream Transfer..

I would do the chocolate transfers... ever since i tried it once (Squirrelycakes suggestion) i havent used fbct again... it dries instantly AND you dont have to freeze it!! even if it breaks its easy to fix and attach to the cake.. i did it on my last cake with a corporate logo.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%