Someone Plz Help Me...asap...

Decorating By TooCuteRose Updated 14 Mar 2007 , 4:56am by moydear77

TooCuteRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooCuteRose Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 12:32am
post #1 of 9

got super glue on skin...not coming off...don't know how to get it off...skin turning bright red...beginning to blister...dont 'wanna go to the hospital...

8 replies
gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 12:40am
post #2 of 9

It usually wears off, eventually, for me. But I GOOGLED an answer for you:

The first way is to prevent the glue from sticking in the first place. If you have oily skin you are going to be better off. If you don't, you can put some lotion on your skin before you use Miracle Glue. Good idea even if you don't have dry skin. This will also help if you are using Super Glue or Krazy Glue. ...

There a couple ways to get Miracle Glue off your skin. You can use acetone (nail polish remover), but I don't like using it if I don't have to. You can use warm soapy water. If there is very little glue on your skin, washing with warm soapy water a couple of times usually does the trick. If your fingers are stuck together soak them in the warm soapy water for a few minutes and you should be able to work them loose. The skin will sweat and the oils will lift the glue. I usually don't have a problem but someone with very dry skin may have more difficulty with this. Another thing that you can do is put some skin cream on before you use the glue - Miracle Glue will have difficulty adhering to the oils."

HTH!

TooCuteRose Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 12:42am
post #3 of 9

ty...i must hadve dry skin cuz nail polish remover isn't working...n i'm already blistering...looks like another trip to the hospital...they should make a special room for me...

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 1:06am
post #4 of 9

Just went through a burn situation with DS. Please remember, what ever the burning thing is (in our case hot wax) once it is cool it no longer can hurt you. The DR said the best thing I did the best thing I could have done for my son--Leave the wax on. I think it is the same in your case. Stick the burned part of the body in cold water and leave the glue on. When you peel it off you could take the skin with it.

TooCuteRose Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 1:31am
post #5 of 9

ty...i'm so accident prone...my mom told me the same thing...it hurts...but it will feel better after it starts healing...but BF is gonna kill me...i got it all over his computer desk...i tried getting it off...but alas i failed...eh well...

NEWTODECORATING Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 1:37am
post #6 of 9

Not sure how well it will work on the desk or hot glue, but.... on my carpet with the hot wax... I layed a old bath towel on the wax and ironed it with a hot iron. Pull the towel away and the wax had melted and stuck to the towel. I got red wax out of beige carpet....just a thought.

NEWTODECORATING Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 1:38am
post #7 of 9

oh and if you happen to have a aloe plant --not is the time to use it on the burn. Cut it length wise and put it on the burn. It is amazing how it will take the sting away and help you heal.

Hope you heal up quickly

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 4:15am
post #8 of 9

I've had super glue on my fingers before, never knew it to cause a burn though. Used vaseline to soften and scrape it off gently. Hope it wasn't on your face or eye area!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 14 Mar 2007 , 4:56am
post #9 of 9

I have actually done this several times! I soaked it in nailpolish remover. You need to soak it for a while.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%