Whipped Cream Icing

Decorating By MsRhonda Updated 12 Feb 2006 , 9:02pm by SquirrellyCakes

MsRhonda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsRhonda Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 1:21am
post #1 of 5

I found a recipe on line that uses whipping cream in the recipe. Does anyone know if any leftovers can be frozen, or maybe how long it would keep in the fridge?

Thanks,
Rhonda

4 replies
Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 1:26am
post #2 of 5

I'm sure it can be frozen. I use whipping cream as the liquid in my buttercream and havekept a large carton of it in the fridge for over a month with no problems.

MsRhonda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsRhonda Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 1:42am
post #3 of 5

Thank you! As always, I made way too much icing and I hate to throw it out. By the way, took a look at all you cakes, they are BEAUTIFUL!

eleets_treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eleets_treats Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 9:09am
post #4 of 5

once the container is opened fresh cream has to be used within 5-7 days and when whipped it can only last 3-4 days both refridgerated of course. if you have left over icing, bake a cheap cake and practise decorating it, or make a cake and take it into work as morning tea, then before you know it you will have orders from everyone.
my personal opion is make everything fresh and never keep old food stuff.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 12 Feb 2006 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 5

If the whipping cream is the main ingredient, no it won't freeze and defrost well, as in a stablilzed whipped cream. If it is just the liquid added, as in only a few tablespoons added, then yes it freeze fine.
Hugs Squirrelly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%