Cake Icer Tip

Decorating By curiegas Updated 13 Apr 2005 , 9:20pm by dackn8tr

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 3:52am
post #1 of 11

Hi. I am fairly new to decorating and was wondering what bag to use with the cake icer tip. I have the disposable 12" bags. But I think I am going to either use parchment or the big 16" or 18" bag.

Thanks in advance,
Cecilia

10 replies
ilithiya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilithiya Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 3:54am
post #2 of 11

One of the big featherweight-type bags is best. I have an 18" and I can pack it just full enough to do an entire 8" round, about 4" tall and still have enough left at the end for easy handling. Any smaller probably wouldn't be as good; you may have to refill it, and that admittedly can be a pain.

Illy

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 3:59am
post #3 of 11

Your right & so is Illy! Use the largest bag you can find! It is a big pain in the rear when you have a small bag!! I use about 4 icer tips & bags & fill them up before I even start to ice a cake. I'm talking about wedding cakes.

Illy, that's good if you use only one bag to ice a 8" cake with!! You've mastered it!!

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 9 Apr 2005 , 7:01am
post #4 of 11

I used the plastic disposable bags which I think are 12", but it won't hold enough in that. I have to fill it up twice to finish it, but I don't really mind. It's so much easier than the other way of icing a cake!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 11

Little behind on reading my posts from this weekend... I would buy the biggest reusable bag you could and keep it exclusively for the icer tip. That's what I did to save time and a little money. I do use the dispoables though for all my smaller tips becasue it saves time on the cleanup.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 11

I have 3 bags devoted to my cake icer tip. I buy the largest I can find... fill that bad boy up only once, in my opinion!!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 11

I have to thank you for making this post. I was just wondering the same thing. I had been using the 12" bag myself. And it got to the point where I was refusing to use the cake icer tip. Now I will have to get busy trying to order an 18" bag to use. The summer is coming and I want to get the best results possible!! Thanks again!!
~Tanya

dackn8tr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dackn8tr Posted 12 Apr 2005 , 9:21pm
post #8 of 11

i use a 24" bag ... it holds alot and it's big enough that it doesn't spill out onto you arm thumbs_up.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 2:59am
post #9 of 11

Oooh! A 24"- I'm jealous.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 8:29am
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiegas

Hi. I am fairly new to decorating and was wondering what bag to use with the cake icer tip. I have the disposable 12" bags. But I think I am going to either use parchment or the big 16" or 18" bag.

Thanks in advance,
Cecilia

I use an 18 go get you one of the really nice thick ones dont get a Wilton thin one.... I get my thick ones at Smart N Final its a supplie store for restruants....

dackn8tr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dackn8tr Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 9:20pm
post #11 of 11

mouse ... that size is what i used at work and i guess i got spoiled on them icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%