What Do You Think Of This Tagline??... Is It Too Much?

Business By icingonthecupcake Updated 10 Feb 2006 , 4:30pm by peacockplace

icingonthecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingonthecupcake Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 2:59am
post #1 of 8

When I start my business I was thinking of offering many different cupcake flavors and decorating variations. This being said my last name is Brown so I came up with the name Brown Sugar Cupcakery (what do you think of this??) Anyway to go with this name I thought of this tag line. Brown Sugar Cupcakery...because the browner the sugar, the sweeter the cake! What do you think is it too much or do you think it's kind of catchy. Please give me your honest opinions. Thanks for your help. icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 4:00am
post #2 of 8

I love the business name...but the tag line sounds almost "dirty" to me? Like when you hear women say "the older the berry the sweeter the juice". That embarrasses me! icon_redface.gif

Maybe I'm up too late, but that's just my personal opinion! tapedshut.gif

ariun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ariun Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 4:21am
post #3 of 8

I'm with antonia74... also, the name is long (and sweet!) enough already, and personally the promise of sweeter cupcakes isn't a tremendous attraction -- to me anyway. Just my 2 copper pennies' worth.

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 4:28am
post #4 of 8

Um..I just read the tag line to my husband & he thought it was for a naughty bakery icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif I do like the name of the business though.

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 4:28am
post #5 of 8

Ditto here. The tagline sounds a little suggestive. I like the name, though!

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 5:07am
post #6 of 8

Well, the name is GREAT, but the tagline first brought to mind the Rolling Stones song...'brown sugar..you make me feel so good'....lol I think that's how it goes... icon_razz.gif Then I thought of just what that song is referring to...lol. So, unless you want some very interesting (and maybe even unwanted) customers, I'd try to come up with something different. I think with the name reading kind of long the tagline might work best if it's a short one. Let's see....

Brown Sugar Cupcakery - Better than sweet

Brown Sugar Cupcakery - Sweeter than Sweet

Brown Sugar Cupcakery - Homemade Goodness

Brown Sugar Cupcakery - Lovin' from the Oven (lol icon_razz.gif ok...maybe not that one...lol)

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 1:30pm
post #7 of 8

Ditto what the others said. Also, maybe I'm too country but Cupcakery sounds awkward. I like the name Brown Sugar. icon_smile.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 4:30pm
post #8 of 8

Love the name!!! I'd drop the tag line though, but at least it seems you found a winner with the name!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%