Cookies By Design Icing

Baking By Delynn Updated 16 Mar 2007 , 2:02am by 7yyrt

Delynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delynn Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 6:09am
post #1 of 3

Anybody out there know of an icing recipe that's close to 'Cookies by Design's? Seems like Royal but maybe softer. Would like to know before St. Pat's Day if possible.
Thanks
Delynn

2 replies
Delynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delynn Posted 15 Mar 2007 , 5:22am
post #2 of 3

Cathy,
Is it possible to bump me to the top? The curiousity about a recipe is driving me a little lu lu. icon_surprised.gificon_redface.gif Thanks for the previous bump. Should I post on a different forum?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 2:02am
post #3 of 3

Check the cookie forum,
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=73361&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15
jstritt used to work there, she says it was a mix...quote
As a former employee, I know the icing is a form of buttercream, not royal. Also, if you do a cookie enough times, you can decorate it in 3 minutes, but some of them are too detailed to do in 3 minutes. You are not specifically "trained" to do one in 3 minutes. Each store is a franchise, so the quality of cookies and decorations depends on the hired help. Some are better than others. The baker at the one I worked at had it down to a science to get the cookies to the perfect thickness and still keep them soft. Sometimes, they were even too soft and tore off the sticks. I loved the way they tasted. I would eat the sample cookies all day long. unquote

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%