Valentine Treat Suggestions?

Baking By JennT Updated 8 Feb 2006 , 6:21pm by Loucinda

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 11

I've been asked to help out with the Valentine's Day party for my DS's class. Another mother already wanted to bring cookies for the kids to decorate themselves, but the room-mother asked me to bring an extra sweet treat....her reasoning being 'It's valentine's day!! You're supposed to have lots of sweets!!' lol icon_lol.gif Plus some of the kids may not eat the cookies they decorate...may want to take it home, etc. So....I'm in need of some suggestions of what to take. Something small, I'm thinking...but I'm drawing a blank...lol. Can anyone suggest something?? TIA! icon_smile.gif

10 replies
COLIEB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
COLIEB Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 11

Cupcakes, chocolates, chocolate lollipops, brownies, rice crispy treats, chocolate covered strawberries................

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 11

I found these ideas off of familycorner.com

Vanilla wafer cookies
Round pretzels
1 bag Hershey's Kisses
Valentine Candy hearts
Valentine M&M's

Cookies: Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place vanilla wafer cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Set a Choc Kiss on the center of each cookie. Bake for 5 min. Remove from oven and gently press an M&M or candy heart into the center of the softened Kiss. Allow to cool completely.

Pretzels: Place pretzels 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Place Hershey's Kiss in center of each pretzel and bake for 5 min. Remove from oven and gently press m&m or candy heart into the center of softened choc. When pressing down you may need to wiggle the chocolate around a little to fill in any gaps. Allow to cool.

Hope these help some.!!

Charlotte

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieinMO

I found these ideas off of familycorner.com

Vanilla wafer cookies
Round pretzels
1 bag Hershey's Kisses
Valentine Candy hearts
Valentine M&M's

Cookies: Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place vanilla wafer cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Set a Choc Kiss on the center of each cookie. Bake for 5 min. Remove from oven and gently press an M&M or candy heart into the center of the softened Kiss. Allow to cool completely.

Pretzels: Place pretzels 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Place Hershey's Kiss in center of each pretzel and bake for 5 min. Remove from oven and gently press m&m or candy heart into the center of softened choc. When pressing down you may need to wiggle the chocolate around a little to fill in any gaps. Allow to cool.

Hope these help some.!!

Charlotte

These are SO easy to do and so yummy! I once took the pretzel ones to Thanksgiving and they were gone in five minutes! Can't wait to try the vanilla wafer ones!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 11

I am doing a version of the Christmas mice for some valentine class treats. I am going to pipe a heart where the holly was!

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 11

I thought they sounded good. And best of all... Easy!! lol. I can't wait to try them. I think I am going to take them to my son's party.

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 5:45pm
post #7 of 11

what are x-mas mice?

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 6:06pm
post #8 of 11

I don't know what they are called but I make them all the time. Use a small muffin tin - line (or not) with small muffin cups put in a small ball of sugar cookie (I usually just use the pillsbury sugar cookies in the dairy section) and then press in a mini reese peanut butter cup - bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes and you have a small but yummy treat! My kids LOVE them!! I guess you would have to watch out for peanut allergies though....Good luck & let us know what you bake!

momlovestocook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momlovestocook Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 6:07pm
post #9 of 11

How about rice crispy treats shaped like a hershey's kiss. You can wrap them in foil and have a valentine's saying coming out of the top.
Brownies cut out in the shape of hearts are good too.
Oh, you can bake cupcakes in the shape of a heart by putting a wad of foil on the outside of the cupcake liner.
Jello jigglers cut out like hearts.

Sandra

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 6:15pm
post #10 of 11

this is a site i found in the gallerie on how the x-mas mice looks like :
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos_display_16_-19033.html

the person who did them did a great job. they are so cute...

shaddi

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 6:21pm
post #11 of 11

Here is a link to the ones I made - I tried to do a search on here for the pic of them, but it wouldn't work.

Christmas Mice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%