Rich's Bettercream

Decorating By jenbenjr Updated 23 May 2007 , 1:46am by SueW

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 2:44am
post #1 of 26

Where can I find Rich's Bettercream? I have heard ppl talk about it and am interested in it.

25 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 2:54am
post #2 of 26

GFS (Gordon Food Service) carries RBC in qts., look in the freezer section.

Sam's Club sells it by the bucket in the bakery dept. - you have to ask for it.

Sugarcraft will ship it:

http://tinyurl.com/22a27h

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/icings.htm

Pastry Pride is almost identical to Rich's Bettercreme and might be more readily available in your area.

HTH

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:06am
post #3 of 26

Thankyou so much! I think I will ask at Sam's next time.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:16am
post #4 of 26

We don't have a Sam's Club here, do you think Costco might have it?

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:18am
post #5 of 26

I saw a large carton of Pastry Pride at Costco the other day. It was in the frozen section between the ice cream and the frozen fruit.

Also, if you have Smart & Final near you, they sell both Rich's and Pastry Pride.

slb1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slb1956 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:20am
post #6 of 26

If its in quarts is it liquid and frozen..like milk or like cool whip and already whipped?.

superstar Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:22am
post #7 of 26

Thanks so much. We have only a Costco, I will look there. We are very limited here.

superstar Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:24am
post #8 of 26

Thanks so much. We have only a Costco, I will look there. We are very limited here.

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 3:35am
post #9 of 26

When you buy it in quarts - it's the liquid version. So you have to whip it up yourself. Saves on space and it's not too hard to whip up. You just thaw in the fridge overnight and whip it up for about 5 minutes in a cold bowl.

slb1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slb1956 Posted 12 Mar 2007 , 4:35am
post #10 of 26

Is it already stablized..Rich's or do you have to add something..also do you have to add PS or Regular sugar to it?. or is it already sweetened.

NoMoreWhiteCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NoMoreWhiteCake Posted 16 Mar 2007 , 9:31pm
post #11 of 26

No need to add anything, just whip.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 8 May 2007 , 1:36pm
post #12 of 26

is there a way to make it chocolate? i can't wait to try it!

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:09pm
post #13 of 26

I live in Canada and I have been to both Costco and Sam's. Costco wouldn't sell me anything,and thought it was a strange request(???). Sam's will sell me Dawn's whipped topping and buttercream....It is in cartons frozen and I had to get 4 of them(2 litre cartons). The man at the counter was very chatty and gave me a weath of information ,even let me and by BF sample it...MMM

Anybody use the Dawn's version of the whipped topping? I assume works the same as Rich's.

JanH Posted 10 May 2007 , 5:29am
post #14 of 26

mconrey, Rich's sells Real-Whip topping which is their version of Cool-Whip topping and comes in a similar looking little tub.

The Rich's Bettercreme comes in 1 qt. milk cartons (frozen) or large buckets (frozen or thawed).

Here's a thread that has photos of the products:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-269743-.html

Info on Chocolate Bettercreme:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-204201-.html

ncbert, here's Dawn But-R-Creme info:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-217811-.html

HTH

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 10 May 2007 , 1:55pm
post #15 of 26

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rich's bettercream....I added like maybe half a cup of cocoa to it (just experimenting) and it tasted awesome! A light, chocolately flavor...mmmmmmm........

Last night I added some Pastry Pride to my ganache...not too sure how thats turned out yet.........

thumbs_up.gif

lilypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilypie Posted 21 May 2007 , 1:29pm
post #16 of 26

I have also tried using Hershey's chocolate syrup with good results. Light and chocolatey... i get mine in liquid form at Cash n Carry, so i just add it before it is done whipping, so it doesn't get too strange.. (read: stiff and crumbly)
I tried adding it afterwards, and made the ugliest cake that ever was! but it tasted yummy! i tried adding water, and it didn't work. The only thing that helped bring it back to the correct consistancy was adding more liquid.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 21 May 2007 , 1:35pm
post #17 of 26

I make "fake mousse" fillings out of the Rich's bettercreme for my cakes which need to sit out all day and where a heavy cream filling would pose a health risk. If it's doctored correctly, it's really quite tasty!

Wendoger Posted 21 May 2007 , 1:44pm
post #18 of 26

...do you add whatever flavor fo pudding for doctoring bobwonderbuns?

bobwonderbuns Posted 21 May 2007 , 1:47pm
post #19 of 26

Well, for my lemon mousse I whip 2/3 quart Vanilla Rich's bettercreme with 1 small box of instant lemon pudding, 2 tsp Vanilla and 1 tsp lemon oil (not extract.) Whip to soft peaks then add the remaining bettercreme and whip briefly to have a mousse texture.

Wendoger Posted 21 May 2007 , 1:54pm
post #20 of 26

mmmmm.....that sounds good. I was just looking at those Lorann oils on-line. The way everyone is always talking about the 'creme bouquet' I thought I would try it.
I found the cheapest price, 8 oz for 3.99.
Are these the oils you use?

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 21 May 2007 , 3:43pm
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconrey

I saw a large carton of Pastry Pride at Costco the other day. It was in the frozen section between the ice cream and the frozen fruit.

Also, if you have Smart & Final near you, they sell both Rich's and Pastry Pride.

mconrey, I used Pastry Pride by the case when I lived in California, but cannot get it since I moved to Tennessee. I am going to check with Costco this morning when they open....... thanks for sharing that info...

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 21 May 2007 , 6:54pm
post #23 of 26

Does and you know if BJ's wholesale carries this product?

JanH Posted 22 May 2007 , 7:14pm
post #24 of 26
CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 22 May 2007 , 9:18pm
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconrey

mconrey, I used Pastry Pride by the case when I lived in California, but cannot get it since I moved to Tennessee. I am going to check with Costco this morning when they open....... thanks for sharing that info...

Well, the Costco in Nashville does not carry it. It is at the discretion of the managers what products are carried. I can submit a request, but doubtful that one request will be enough. Smart & Final is located only in the Western part of the US, unfortunately icon_sad.gif

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 23 May 2007 , 1:46am
post #26 of 26

I keep looking in my Costco here in NJ but they don't sell it either icon_sad.gif I guess it all depends on where you live icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%