Help! Speeding Up The Color Flow Drying Process

Decorating By ameena Updated 6 Sep 2004 , 10:00pm by ameena

ameena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ameena Posted 5 Sep 2004 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 5

Help!

Is there any way other, than a heat lamp, to dry color flow faster?

I really need my color flow pieces sooner than in two days.

Thanks for any advice

4 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 5 Sep 2004 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 5

You could try and put a fan on it and see if that will help...

I would say if your going to need a color flow before its going to dry why dont you put it right on the cake and fill it in that way ... With a glaze that you tint...

If you dont have a copy machine you can still do it ... Take your photo that you want and place a piece of wax paper over your photo and out line it in piping gel then turn your piece of wax paper over on to the cake make sure you have it where you want it and then run your hand over the back side of the wax paper to make the outline on to the cake .. Once that is done then your going to out line it in the color glaze or frosting you want it in .. then your going to fill it in like you were making your piece and it will kinda dry on the cake.. Good Luck if there is any way I can help you let me know..

ameena Posted 6 Sep 2004 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the tip! Your picture is gorgeous!

I am making a fence that will stand up so I won't be able to lay it on the cake. I opened the window for a bit since there was a breeze and maybe that will help.

How did you get the color flow so black?

JerseyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JerseyCakes Posted 6 Sep 2004 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 5

icon_biggrin.gif Hi I always put mine in the freezer... it dries it so much faster... Linda

ameena Posted 6 Sep 2004 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 5

Wow! That's a neat idea. I will have to try it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%