Help Viewing The Online Galleries

Decorating By BethLewis Updated 11 Mar 2007 , 4:27am by Teekakes

BethLewis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethLewis Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 4:15am
post #1 of 4

I may be the only one with this problem, but even with a cable connection, viewing the galleries seems to take a LONG time, and a lot of times, the pages never come up. Has anyone else run into this? I'm planning a 10th anniversary vow renewal ceremony and want a really fantastic cake, so I'm browsing for as many ideas as I can. In addition, my friend and I plan to start making cakes together, and again, I love all the wonderful cakes I see; they help give me ideas for things I would like to try. But it takes SO long just to get into the galleries, and even longer when paging through pictures. Does anyone have suggestions, perhaps changing a browser setting? I use Windows XP Personal and Internet Explorer 7.0. I'd appreciate any suggestions, thank you!

Beth icon_cry.gif

3 replies
TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 4:23am
post #2 of 4

close the window and open a new one.. that should help.. at least it does for me.......and it also will move alot faster

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 4:25am
post #3 of 4

I'm not quite sure if it's still occurring; but Cake Central was having some technical difficulties a few weeks back. This could have something to do with it. I've noticed that I have some trouble with the galleries sometimes too so you're not alone; I've also seen other posts stating the same problem.

Sorry, I don't know what can be done to speed it up though. I usually just tough it out... icon_rolleyes.gif

HTH! thumbs_up.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 11 Mar 2007 , 4:27am
post #4 of 4

Beth, I have the same setup and connection you do and have the same problem. Everyone does. The galleries are so busy with hundreds of thousands of people trying to view and upload pictures that the server runs very slowly quite often. It is worth the wait to view the many wonderful pictures here at CC, however, I have found that it is by far faster to view pictures in the morning to early afternoon hours than it is in the late afternoon all through the evening. There are so many people using the site during these peak hours it slows us all down. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%