Where Can I Buy An Edible Image?

Decorating By jgclucas Updated 10 Feb 2006 , 7:12pm by cakesbgood

jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 5 Feb 2006 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 11

I am in the process of designing a cake for the grand opening of a local library. I am going to make a stack of books with one open book beside the stack. I want to put an image of the architect's rendition of the facade of the building on the open book. The library will loan me the drawing, but how do I get an image? Help, please?

10 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 5 Feb 2006 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 11

I guess it depends on where your at.. and if your local walmart or bakery will make you one.. I got reall lucky and someone here from CC sent my mine via mail..

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 5 Feb 2006 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 11

I've seen websites such as copycakes.com ... do a google search for edible images and you'll find it .... recently I called Publix our local supermarket and they said they would sell me the image only

melony1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melony1976 Posted 6 Feb 2006 , 1:36am
post #4 of 11

you might check your cake supply stores in your area.

jgclucas Posted 6 Feb 2006 , 2:23pm
post #5 of 11

I kind of live in the boonies. Our WalMart is just the regular kind, no grocery or bakery and our only cake supply place other than Michael's etc. is pretty basic.

I will try the grocery store, but somehow I doubt that they will do it since they refused to even sell me a cake box when I asked.

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 6 Feb 2006 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 11

I found a place out by Knotts Berry Farm out here in So. Ca. that does edible images really reasonably. It's only a 20 min drive for me, so I was happy to find them! I know you can mail order them too, but not sure of the exact sites. You'd definitely want to give yourself enough time to get the image in the mail.

jgclucas Posted 6 Feb 2006 , 8:33pm
post #7 of 11

I won't need it until May, but since this is such an important cake, I want to be prepared well ahead of time. Does anyone know of any mail order places? I tried a search for edible images, but was only coming up with premade ones. I would also like to use someone that is known to some of you and recommended.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 6 Feb 2006 , 9:24pm
post #8 of 11

Have you tried http://www.tastyfotoart.com/ ?

jgclucas Posted 6 Feb 2006 , 11:02pm
post #9 of 11

That is exactly the kind of thing I am looking for loriemoms! Thank you!

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 8 Feb 2006 , 2:50am
post #10 of 11

I will be glad to do it for you. Please email me and we can talk about it. I have a printer and will be glad to help you out. thumbs_up.gif

cakesbgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbgood Posted 10 Feb 2006 , 7:12pm
post #11 of 11

We have Kroger's where I'm at, and they won't sell cake boxes either icon_sad.gif , but they will sell an edible image of whatever you bring in for $5.00.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%