Fondant

Decorating By Compass Updated 8 Apr 2005 , 9:53pm by greencargirl

Compass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Compass Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 4:51am
post #1 of 3

Okay I have two questions first does anyone know of a good fondant recipe? Preferably one that doesn't use glucose or substitutes glucose for corn syrup?

Okay next question is I know that when fondant is refrigerated fondant softens up and that's not how it's supposed to be... so if you make a cake a couple of days ahead and refrigerate it can you leave it out and then have it harden a couple of hours before you serve it? Or do you do something else?

Any help is appreciated!!
Thanks!
-Julie

2 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 3

I am sure there is one out there, but I havent heard of one that doesnt have any of that except the MMF.... I can give you Bunnywoman's recipe for that, and of course there is one on this site but it has the stuff you listed. here is Bunnywomans mmf recipe
The recipe is as follows:

Marshmallow fondant
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 tbsp water
1 1/2- 1 3/4 cup powder sugar

Place marshmallows in a standard 1 cup measuring cup and push down and pack them in. Place in a microwave safe bowl and add the water. Put in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Just long enough for them to soften and puff up. Take out and stir with a spoon until it is combined well. At this point it looks kind of soupy. Then add the sugar and mix and fold until all is incorporated and it is no longer sticky. I take it out of the bowl when it gets to the point where most of the sugar is incorporated and I knead it in my hands. This takes roughly about 5-7 minutes. Take a fondant roller or a regular rolling pin and roll out just as you would Wilton's fondant. You can get this fondant almost paper thin and it also repairs well. It's cheap, easy to work with, and tastes great too.

greencargirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greencargirl Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 3

i love the mmf recipe... you can leave it out and it's good for at least a week... still fresh like the day it's made i swear... my parents just ate the last piece of a practice cake today that i made last week wednesday...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%