How Do You Make The Drizzled Sides

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 7 Feb 2006 , 4:18pm by sweetsugar

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 5:34am
post #1 of 9

Can anyone tell me are give me a recipe on how you make the drizzled sides on a cake they look so neatly done and I think it makes the cake look so nice

Theresa

8 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 5:55am
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2

Can anyone tell me are give me a recipe on how you make the drizzled sides on a cake they look so neatly done and I think it makes the cake look so nice

Theresa

Theresa do you have a picture of what it is you want to duplicate?
Hugs Squirrelly

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 2:15am
post #3 of 9

Here's my guess at what she means..............because I would like to know too!
LL

poppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poppie Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 2:25am
post #4 of 9

i would like to know how to make the sides too. that cake looks great, could you send it to me.poppie [email protected]

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 2:27am
post #5 of 9

I'm not sure who did the beautiful cake that you posted, but I know that LisaMS, does that technique, and she explained it very well under one of her cakes. I'm going to try to post a link to the gallery where it's under

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=LisaMS&cat=0&pos=10

If you keep reading the posts...she answers all the questions that people ask her.....she sounds really nice icon_smile.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 5:18am
post #6 of 9

Well this picture looks like ganache and the other is melted chocolate chips with a bit of shortening. I used to do a lot of this with just the melted chocolate chips. Either way, you use a spoon and just drizzle it in an even pattern. You can mark off the pattern with a toothpick to insure you make the drizzles evenly spaced. It is quite easy to do. I asked what was meant here in case it had to do with the acetate collars and the application of the chocolate patterned collars but this work is strictly drizzling.
Hugs Squirrelly

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 6:51am
post #7 of 9

WOW! That cake looks awesome! And soooooo yummy!

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 4:16pm
post #8 of 9

Molly, what I do is melt semi sweet chocolate chips with a tad of shortening to thin it (may not even have to do that but I always do).

I don't spoon mine though. Too lazy. I get one of those Wilton clear plastic disposable bags and pour my melted chocolate in it, snip the end, and move my bag/hands in a cursive "m" motion over the edge of the cake. If the chocolate seems too runny and you don't have enough control; maybe wait a bit to let it cool before you start. I do find that when I get to the "end of the line" I have to pinch the end with my left hand to cut off the flow of the chocolate. Also, for those that don't know, when melting chocolate in the microwave (or on the stove) be careful not to get too hot or it will burn and smell awful. icon_smile.gif I melt at 25 second intervals; stirring in between each interval until all chocolate is melted. Hope this helps!

sweetsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsugar Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 4:18pm
post #9 of 9

Can you do this under a IMBC?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%