Even No Fail Sugar Cookies....help

Baking By sweettreasures Updated 4 Feb 2006 , 11:05am by sweettreasures

sweettreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreasures Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 5:08am
post #1 of 5

Okay, I have just attempted the No Fail recipe. Got it rolled out between 2 pieces of parchment paper. BUT, how do I ensure even cut out cookies? I don't have a doboard or rubber bands at this time....Any tricks?

4 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 5:40am
post #2 of 5

anything will work in lieu of the the rubber bands or doboard...how about using chopsticks, square 3/8" cakeboards, line up CD cases on either side of your dough. All of these items are roughly 1/4" thickness and would be simple to use when rolling your pin across the dough to adjust thickness.

vie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vie Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 8:34am
post #3 of 5

Great idea Antonia, I would have never thought of that one. Thanks for the information.

Sylvie

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 8:54am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettreasures

Okay, I have just attempted the No Fail recipe. Got it rolled out between 2 pieces of parchment paper. BUT, how do I ensure even cut out cookies? I don't have a doboard or rubber bands at this time....Any tricks?

Hi Vie,

You might want to take a look at this previous thread. I placed a couple of tips I use in it.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=14706&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

sweettreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreasures Posted 4 Feb 2006 , 11:05am
post #5 of 5

thanks..i'll try those tips...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%