You Would Not Believe This......& A Poll

Decorating By itsmylife Updated 10 Mar 2007 , 11:05pm by adven68

TooCuteRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooCuteRose Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 6:37pm
post #31 of 38

i'm an organized neat freak...so i throw everything out at like 3-6 months...and then go buy everything again...i can't imagine having a cake for that long...i can't even imagine saving the top of a wedding cake for that long...either eat it...or toss it...

Lindakbh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindakbh Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 6:42pm
post #32 of 38
Quote:
Quote:

When I got home and went into the freezer, I saw this little white box I didn't recognize. I opened it and saw their frozen little bird

Oh my gosh, Carrie, that reminds me of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane!

After my grandparents passed, at their estate sale there were two pieces of their wedding cake, dried up under a glass dome! You couldnt really tell what it was anymore. Im not sure how long they were married, but grandma was over 100 when she passed and they were married young. I dont know where that cake ended up. Nobody wanted it!

PRcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PRcakes Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 6:54pm
post #33 of 38

Well im not that well organized, so i dont clean my freezer that often which im not proud of it but... anyways i saved my wedding cake for my year anniversary and was better than the day of the wedding. Im not saying i could eat a 32yr cake, but God I think the oldest thing in my freezer right now is a friends ice cream left there like 3 months, last summer popsicles, fruit icecream from i dont know when .....God im going to clean my freezer TODAY!!! jajjajajja thanks girls you guys just push me to cleaning TODAY!!!

JasmineRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JasmineRose Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 7:02pm
post #34 of 38

Wow! I can't even bring myself to eat cake that has been frozen a few days much less 32 yrs.

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 7:44pm
post #35 of 38

I am sorry this cake did not develop legs and attempt to escape? Poor thing--dig a hole in the back yard and bury it! My grandma's freezer was full of 30 year old cabbage that she froze one year we threw it out container and all.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 8:15pm
post #36 of 38

Well, I can honestly say the oldest thing in my refrigerator is the top of my son's reception cake (they were married in California in 199icon_cool.gif we gave them a formal reception at the church here in KY. I DO clean my freezer out about every 2 years....but.....STILL can't MAKE myself throw it away! YES!!! I am turning into a WEIRDO GRAN B! LOL icon_lol.gif

RE: Frozen bird: THAT was a HOOT! Here's another. My dear friend (now deceased) loved her dog more than anything. "Vicky" became very sick and had to go to the doggie hospital. During this time my friend and her husband went on vacation and left their daughter in charge. "Vicky" died and the vet "kept her on ice" until friend returned from vacation and picked up the dog. "Vicky" had been "frozen in state" and before burying her in the back yard my friend allowed her to "thaw a bit" and then POSED HER FOR PICTURES!!! icon_eek.gif I almost died myself when I saw this! But, she loved her so much and these pictures meant the world to her.

I enjoyed this thread immensely! Made my rainy Saturday a bit more sunny!

Beth in KY

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 9:21pm
post #37 of 38

I could so see my MIL doing that with a cake. She too believes if it is in the freezer then it is good from now until the end of time. Ewww... so gross!!!!!!!!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 10 Mar 2007 , 11:05pm
post #38 of 38

Oh, please just take a picture of the cake,,,it will last longer! icon_biggrin.gif Imagine someone wanted a midnight snack and unknowingly took a piece of that cake? It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Elaine ate the cake from Henry VIII'th's(?) wedding....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%