Site Rating.. One More Time Please!

Business By briansbaker Updated 3 Feb 2006 , 2:43pm by Sparklycake

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 6

It's me Christy.. After reading all about "someone stole my idea" or
" copyright characters". I was a little nervous and a little sad.. I hope no one has been offended by my using someones elses Design for my own.. I have never, ever taken full credit for the design.. Only for the hard labor into making it.. I added a "Just for the Record" paragraph.. Let me know what you think.. TIA!!!
Just click my site below..

5 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 9:22pm
post #2 of 6

..I'm having trouble "getting" to your website this time. I clicked on your link and it brings up a website. There are some ads and I have been clicking "Skip the Ad" button..but the ads just keep coming and I can't get to your website. Help!

MontiBellesBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MontiBellesBakery Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 6

Your cakes are great and your site is cute. I obviously have missed a thread somewhere

Quote:
Quote:

After reading all about "someone stole my idea" or " copyright characters". I was a little nervous and a little sad.. I hope no one has been offended by my using someone elses design for my own

But in my opinion, each cake is your creation. It is almost impossible to make an exact duplication of someone elses cake. We all get our inspiration from a lot of places and no matter how convinced someone may be that "their design" is uniquely theirs I'm sure there is someone else out there who has done the same design and has the same belief that it is theirs.

Everyone should remember that replication is the greatest flattery...I hope someday some up and coming Pastry Chef or Cake Designer finds my creations inspiring enough to want to copy them. icon_biggrin.gif

briansbaker Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 6

hmm... Mrs. Missey I clicked skip ad and it right to the site.. LOL here is what I had to say:

Just for the record...
1. A few of my cakes are inspirations from other cake makers.. I cannot take full credit for the designs of all my cakes. I can take full credit for baking and decorating it with my own hands.. 2. This is not a place for me to sell cakes nor take orders.. This is a free fun site that allows me to showcase my talent and my love for cakes.. Nothing more, nothing less..

briansbaker Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 6

MontiBellesBakery
You are a sweetheart! thanks

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 6

It looks really well!

Congratulations.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%