Pricing Mini Cheesecakes

Decorating By dlp Updated 1 Jun 2013 , 2:51am by CTeddebare4

dlp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlp Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 12:51pm
post #1 of 12

I recently purchased the new mini cheesecake pans and have an order to fill (4 dozen). My problem is I just can't seem to come up with a price....its not so much the ingredients as the extra time involved in making and decorating each one... they are turlte cheesecakes (a nice petitte size)

so any ideas as to the price per cheesecake or per dozen?.......i guess its the problem we all struggle with....getting paid for our time......thanks for your input....Donna usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif

11 replies
ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 12

Hi Donna,
If I make mini cheesecakes & they are all the same flavor I charge $15/dozen
If they choose different flavors I charge $18/dozen
I'm not sure how you are decorating them, but I would add on at least $3-$5 per dozen
I'm in an area where people don't pay alot for cakes, so this might be a little on the low side

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 12

I charge a $1.00 per cheesecake...I make mine with a cake bottom instead of graham crackers. If you are doing different flavors it can be time consuming and especially if you only have one pan... icon_smile.gif

dlp Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 12

Thanks to both of you so much for your responses.......i had just about decided on 15.00/dozen (which comes out to 1.25 per cheesecake)...just wasn't sure if i was in the right ballpark....you both have made me feel better about that

i too live in a area (eastern north carolina) where people don't pay much.....so its a thin line we walk as to pricing.....

again thanks.....

and if any one else has any suggestions let me know....Donna

dlp Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 12

just wanted to let everyone know that my customer picked up the cheesecakes...she was happy with the price.....she really like the size of the minis (but boy...they do take extra time).. so i feel good about the price.....thanks for the help. Donna

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 12

Donna: I'm glad it worked out for you...I'd love to see pictures of the cheesecakes icon_smile.gif

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 12

That's great news, It's always exciting to hear when customers are happy with the finished product...

dlp Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 9:35pm
post #8 of 12

I'm sorry......didn't even think about taking pics.......but she was so happy with them that she is going to order some more for another function later this month...I promise to take pictures then!!!!......they really did turn out well......but you know how it is the first time you do something......just don't have all your thoughts together....at least i don't.... icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif thanks for being so supportive!! usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif Donna

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 11:35am
post #9 of 12

I take pictures of everything.  Sorry you didint think of it.  What was the topping?  Did you use pie filling?  Around here in Massachusetts, Blueberry pie filling costs way more than all the others.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 12:16pm
post #10 of 12

AI'm a bit late. My minis are 1" base & 2" side wall. I charge $2.50 each for any of my flavors.

I make the turtles by tossing pecans on top, drizzle chocolate over them then drizzle caramel. I put them on a cooking rack so it doesn't get too messy.

Ducky316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 7:22am
post #11 of 12

Wow...You guys are cheap...I charge $15.00 for plain "swirl" cupcakes....Cheesecake is  more complicated and time consuming...not to mention a far more luxurious dessert.

CTeddebare4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTeddebare4 Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 2:51am
post #12 of 12

AI must agree y'all really under value your time!! You should check out cake boss! He tell all new bakers that they usually always under price themselves!! You are not Walmart! You don't have a huge factory making thousands of cheesecakes and freezing them for 6 to 9 months before your customer buys them! You make thing from fresh ingredients no perserveitives, usually the day before they are needed and you also do custome work!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%