Exhibiting At Bridal Show Questions

Business By Vreeke Updated 7 Feb 2006 , 2:24am by momsandraven

Vreeke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vreeke Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 3:23am
post #1 of 5

I am interested in exhibiting at a local Bridal Show. I think it will be the best way for me to break into the Wedding Cake Business. Any suggestions and insight you can pass on to me would be appreciated.

Thanks Cake Decorators!

4 replies
chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 3:31am
post #2 of 5

i would love to do this! i want to know too! hey vreeke... where in so cal are you? im there too! icon_biggrin.gif

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 3:39am
post #3 of 5

Don't know about CA, but you have to be a legit business here in Texas or at least that's what I was told when I inquired about our Bridal show coming up.

rochelle0123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rochelle0123 Posted 7 Feb 2006 , 12:28am
post #4 of 5

I just started a wedding business selling favors and wedding cake kits. I also looked into bridal fairs and attending one a couple weekends ago. The two wedding cake booths there had a constant flow of people. One business only had two wedding cakes on display (not enough in my opinion) and a book to look at and flyers to take. The other had about 6 cakes on display and business cards and cake tasting samples and three people were working the booth, all with aprons that had the business name, very nice icon_smile.gif

Bridal fairs are expensive though. Do a internet search for "your area bridal fairs", for example I did "northern california bridal fairs" and got a list of upcoming ones. Look through their site and someone you should see something for exhibitors. If you don't email them. My husband did a lot of trade shows (different type though) and said to watch out for the extra costs, i.e. extra lighting, carpets, tables, etc. They are not always included and can add up. I would also attend some fairs and bring a small notebook with you to write down what you like and didn't like. You want to look professional and be able to stand out from your competition. Have a color theme to tie in everything and do plenty of dummy cakes to display showing your different talents, fondant, gumpaste, stringwork, etc.

Sorry if I rambled, I've done a lot of research on this!

-Rochelle

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%