France Pastry Classes

Decorating By nglez09 Updated 9 Mar 2007 , 7:07pm by BlakesCakes

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 4:42am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know of the schools that offer recreational pastry classes? I know of the career-training schools, but I just want a school that has specific classes, if you know what I mean. So far I know the following, but if any of you have any others that you know of, I'd appreciate it:

Lenotre

Olivier Bajard

Bellouet Conseil

Thank you!

4 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 4:49am
post #2 of 5

The French Pastry School in Chicago has "continuing education" classes that are wonderful.

I went to Pastry Camp last summer for a week and I had a wonderful time. My partner was 17 y.o. planning to attend culinary school after HS graduation. We did everything from brioche to chocolates to making isomalt cages.

The school is in the shadow of the Sears tower and 2 blocks from Union Station.

I stayed in the cheaper, quieter suburb of Downers Grove and rode the light rail train in every morning. The half hour ride was very relaxing and cheap. I wanted to return this summer but it conflicts with a cake for 500 that I've made a commitment to do---maybe next year!

Rae

BlakesCakes Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 4:52am
post #3 of 5

The French Pastry School in Chicago has "continuing education" classes that are wonderful.

I went to Pastry Camp last summer for a week and I had a wonderful time. My partner was 17 y.o. planning to attend culinary school after HS graduation. We did everything from brioche to chocolates to making isomalt cages.

The school is in the shadow of the Sears tower and 2 blocks from Union Station.

I stayed in the cheaper, quieter suburb of Downers Grove and rode the light rail train in every morning. The half hour ride was very relaxing and cheap. I wanted to return this summer but it conflicts with a cake for 500 that I've made a commitment to do---maybe next year!

Rae

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 5:24am
post #4 of 5

Thanks Rae. I do know of their continuing programs; I want to take one of their chocolate sculpting ones after pastry school.

BlakesCakes Posted 9 Mar 2007 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 5

Just so you know, you can take their "continuing education" classes anytime. You don't have to be a graduate of any program and in most cases, you don't really need any prior experience.

The Pastry Camp I took had a lower age limit of 16 (I think) and they allowed a 15 & 16 y.o. pair of friends team up for the week. My partner came to Chicago with her whole family and they did sightseeing, etc. while she was in class--everyone got to do what they really enjoyed for the week. I loved the pairings because half of us were parents with teenage children and the other half were teens. I think it gave all of us a better perspective when it came to working with each other!

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%