My Ribbon Layer Cake Will Not Do Right!!!

Baking By cakesbycham Updated 13 Apr 2005 , 4:33am by cakesbycham

cakesbycham Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycham Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 3:25am
post #1 of 5

I have a cake mixture that is suppose to be a three layer, the batter I am working with suppose to work like this, on layer number one you put chocolate batter in on top you put in cream cheese mixture evenlly then I repeat the 2nd and 3rd layer in a 8in round pan but the cream cheese mixture dose not bake evenlly and it goes to the middle. Can someone help me to make my cake a ribbon layer cake. [/img]

4 replies
cakesbycham Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 3:58am
post #2 of 5

Do anyone know how to do a ribbon cake????

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:02am
post #3 of 5

I have never made a cake like you're talking about with cream cheese and 3 layers but just out of curiosity, what is the cream cheese mixture made of?

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:21am
post #4 of 5

You know something SquirrellyCakes said is coming to mind. She said that the density of the cake has a lot too do with the add-ins sinking. If your cake is not dense enough, things like nuts and chocolate chips will sink. Maybe this is what is happening to your cream cheese mixture. Maybe you chocolate cake batter is not dense enough.

cakesbycham Posted 13 Apr 2005 , 4:33am
post #5 of 5

the cream cheese mixture you use is butter, cream cheese, corn starch, condense milk, egg, and vanilla. But some how it end up in the middle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%